Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2020 04:00

G3 3579 Charging start\stop

Hello

My laptop have some issue with charging. when i plug in charger, she jumps on\off

This issue start from randomly situation, for example when battery capacity is 80+% charging normally work.

all diagnostics test show what all fine, all passed. for me not help not reinstall system with new one drive, not factory reset from factory drive, and i cant downgrade bios. Bios version is 1.11.0.

Charging normally work when 1. turn off laptop without AC adapter 2. connect AC adapter when display lid is close(when display is open this issue start again) 3. turn on after around 15 minutes

independent of charging mode setted. This issue start from any mode.

independent of environment, OS or BIOS (trying Ubuntu 18.04 with LifeUSB mode)

Adapter determine in bios how 130W, and this issue start in bios mode too

And work just fine without battery.

My config

Core i7-8750H

GTX1050Ti 4 gb

8 gb ram 128 ssd 1000 hdd

9 Posts

June 5th, 2020 19:00

So. My problem solved by replacing battery Through Authorized service center.

9 Posts

March 24th, 2020 07:00

Im not have GeForce Experience on my laptop.

I found more moments, when i tap with three fingers on touchpad this issue is started

and this issue stop when battery charge more 2% with start\stop 

March 24th, 2020 07:00

Hi! I was having this same problem with my Dell G3. I believe this is a bug in the new NVidia video drivers. NVidia has created a system called "Battery Bost", where, it decreases the performance of your video card in some cases where it is consuming a lot of energy. For some reason, this makes the Dell G3 understand that we are disconnecting the AC cable, and connecting again. To solve your problem, just go to GeForce Experiance / Settings, and disable "Battery Bost".

Hope this helps.

9 Posts

March 24th, 2020 12:00

Thank for answers, when battery is 100% its normal work when stay on AC Line 

I just inplug internal battery. hope is software problem.

BatteryBoost turning off not resolved my problem

but i think what problem around EC controller or PCH(react on tapping with 3 and 4 fingers on touchpad)

i tryed full reassemble my laptop, it take no effect

9 Posts

March 26th, 2020 03:00

so, when i play without battery, CPU clocks down untill 800 mhz on few seconds, after up untill 2.2, after drops to 1,6 and again 0,8... with battery not have clocks drop(when issue with charging not appear)

some sounds inside AC adapter react on CPU clock down... this notebook need 180W as minimum.

also have acer Aspire 715-71G with core i5-7300HQ and GTX1050 with 2 gb...  bundeled AC adater is 135W

i will try to find original adapter with 180W power.

January 4th, 2021 02:00

Thank you for sharing your experience, I have the exact same issue (as many of us) with this precise laptop, I tried to change the battery with a brand new one but nothing changed. At all. Did you try the 180W AC adapter ? I might give it a try. 

2 Posts

January 14th, 2022 11:00

actuall 130w adapter is not enought for g3 3579 so when i tried 180w adapter it worked fine but it is not cheap to get one

2 Posts

May 14th, 2022 00:00

actually all what u need to do to get 180 w or 240 w adapter because Dell messed up by choosing the wrong adaptor for gtx 1050 ti (it needs more power) i got 240 w adapter 2 days ago and all my problems got solved and even my game working better now

6 Posts

May 26th, 2022 06:00

Hello, apparently I think I found a solution to this problem. It is a "temporary solution" as before it shows only 15mW charging in Intel Graphics command center but after successfully downgrading my bios from 1.21.0 to 1.19.0 it goes back to normal and the charging problem was fixed. The process of downgrading goes like this:

-Download an old bios on your laptop (I recommend getting a bios not much older than your current one or a bios 2 updates ago)

-Copy it on a flash drive and enable legacy boot options in bios

-Power on your laptop and Press f12 before the boot screen then select BIOS Flash Update option

-There you need to browse for the .exe you downloaded and load it then write /forceit as a remark (Important)

-Don't worry if it says that the update is not successful as it will downgrade itself after rebooting. After the reboot you can now check the bios if it downgraded successfully.

-Restore your bios factory default and exit. now test the charge if it fixed the disconnecting issue.

note: Don't ever upgrade your bios unless important. It might break things instead of making your laptop better

June 26th, 2022 11:00

i have the exact same configuration and i recently upgraded to windows 11. the problem starts at random battery level like you said or when i three finger tap the touch pad or open windows start menu or a windows program. 

No Events found!