Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 7th, 2022 04:00

Inspiron 15 5518, HTTPSBOOT Failed to initialize network connection

HTTPSBOOT Failed to initialize network connection

I have Dell Inspiron 15 5518 running Windows 10 On startup it started showing suddenly,

Inspiron 15 5518"HTTPSBOOT Failed to initialize network connection" 

It doesn't boot now. I tried changing the boot sequence, but I can only see Uefi HTTPs Boot in my boot sequence, so there is no option of changing the sequence.

How do I fix it?

Community Manager

• 

2.1K Posts

April 15th, 2024 16:54

The error message “HTTPSBOOT Failed to initialize network connection” on startup indicates an issue related to the boot process of your Dell. Let’s troubleshoot this problem step by step:

1. Reset BIOS to Default:

• Sometimes, BIOS settings can cause boot-related errors. Try resetting your BIOS to default settings. Be cautious if you’ve made any custom changes to your BIOS, as you’ll need to reapply them afterward.
    • To reset BIOS:
      • Restart your laptop.
      • When it boots up, press the F2 key to access the BIOS setup.
      • Navigate to the Boot Configuration section.
      • Uncheck all options except for the internal SSD/HDD (usually represented by a blue rectangle).
      • Click Apply changes and exit the BIOS.
    • If SSD/HDD options are not available, restore the BIOS to defaults (select Load Defaults).
    • Reboot your system and check if it boots normally.

2. Reseat the HDD/SSD:

• If the error persists, try reseating the hard drive (HDD) or solid-state drive (SSD). This involves unplugging and then reconnecting the drive.
    • Note: Reseating hardware components can be complex. Consult your system manual or seek professional assistance if needed.
    • Remember to back up important files before attempting this step.

3. Restore the Operating System:

• If the error changes to “No bootable device,” you may need to restore your operating system.
    • Use SupportAssist OS Recovery or reinstall the OS.
    • After the recovery or reinstallation, your system should boot normally.

4. Contact Dell Support:

• If you still need assistance, please contact support by clicking the ‘Get Help Now’ button located at the bottom right corner of the page. The button is marked with a help icon for easy recognition as per the picture below: 

• 

25.1K Posts

June 7th, 2022 04:00

Hello, I see you are looking for technical assistance. If you need our help, you can start a private/direct message with us and we will be happy to assist you.

August 1st, 2022 12:00

Did anybody help you about this?

I have the same Problem

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

August 2nd, 2022 05:00

Dell has released a few remediations and mitigations for users. Users can further protect themselves by following these recommendations.

Users have been asked to use secured networks and prevent unauthorized local and physical access to devices.
Dell has asked the users to enable platform security features such as Secure Boot and BIOS Admin Password for additional protection.
No action required on CVE-2021-21573 and CVE-2021-21574 as these two vulnerabilities were remediated on 28th May, 2021.
The other two CVE-2021-21571 and CVE-2021-21572 vulnerabilities would require system BIOS updates to address the vulnerabilities. Please check out the affected device table from the post to find out the required BIOS version.
Users can’t go with BIOS updates immediately. They can disable the BIOSConnect and HTTPS Boot feature on the system BIOS.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

March 24th, 2023 19:00

If anyone is still having this issue, can you please let me know if you're seeing the Windows Boot Manager and Disk Drive listed under the Boot Sequence in the BIOS? This can vary depending on system model but here is an example of what it could look like:

DellBradL_0-1679711091827.png

To enter the BIOS, press F2 at the Dell Screen before Windows attempts to boot and then select Boot Sequence (this could also be referred to as Boot Order).

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

April 5th, 2023 12:00

If you're still having this issue, please try resetting your BIOS to default. Be careful using this solution if you have made changes to your BIOS as you will need to make them again.

Here is a helpful video for resetting the BIOS: 

Marking as Dell Solution for visibility, please note there could be other reasons the system is getting this message but I wanted to provide a solution that has worked for some users. 

1 Message

April 19th, 2023 13:00

I have reset my bios and the only boot option I see is:

UEFI HTTPs Boot

1 Message

June 23rd, 2023 20:00

Hi . only Htpps / ipv4 / ilv6

no others options 

pls

help me

1 Message

July 26th, 2023 16:00

I have loaded defaults in bios,  still it shows that https boot failed to intialize network connection 

Community Manager

• 

2.1K Posts

July 27th, 2023 12:00

All,

Please try this and let me know if it fixed the issue for you:

1. Reach to BIOS set up by pressing “F2” when system boots.
  2. Click “Boot Configuration” uncheck all options except for the internal SSD/HDD (blue rectangle in the pic below). The click “Apply changes” and exit.DELLNathaliaM_1-1690486694219.png
  3. If SSD/HDD options are not available, restore the BIOS to defaults (Load Defaults).
  4. Check if it will boot to your operating system.
  5. If it doesn't boot, try reseating the HDD/SSD (unplug/remove and plug it back in again). This step might be complex if you're not familiarized with hardware, so make sure you read your system manual and contact Dell if you need a technician's help. Data loss risk, so please make sure you save all your important files.
  6. Reboot your system and try to boot again.
  7. If the error changes to “No bootable device”, then you need to Restore your Computer Using SupportAssist OS Recovery or reinstall the OS.
  8. After the OS recover/reinstall you should be able to boot normally.
  9. If you still need help, please contact the support by clicking on Get Help Now on the bottom right corner of this page. Provide to them the private computer Service Tag and all of your troubleshooting.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

August 4th, 2023 12:00

Additional video that might be helpful for the steps:

(edited)

1 Message

September 15th, 2023 03:13

@EricEngels​ Same here

No Events found!