Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

1 Message

June 15th, 2021 21:00

How to setup G15 5515 keyboard light

Today i got my new G15 5515, i tried to reset keyboard light in Alienware command center. but it's does not work. Anyone knows how to make it working? thank you guys and have good day.Annotation 2021-06-16 003159.pngWeChat Image_20210616003456.jpg

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

June 16th, 2021 03:00

Hi @Sean_Huang  welcome to this user to user discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Support for Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition, Drivers & Downloads, <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>, Compatible Systems includes the Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition. 

The Alienware Command Center Features Matrix Quick Guide fails to include the Dell G15 5515 Ryzen Edition. NOTE: Systems must be configured with the optional RGB keyboard in order to support Alien FX 2.0. Systems configured with the standard backlit keyboard will not support AlienFX 2.0. Please refer to your invoice to confirm the type of keyboard in your system. 

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away.

DellRamanS_0-1647448086344.png

Please click on Kudos to say thank you for response from user that is not employed by Dell. Please share an update on progress, so that other users derive benefit from your experience. Thank you. 

Many users say it would be more logical to have a Dell G forum: Dell Community > Laptops > Dell G  

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2021 18:00

It is not a practical post-purchase/in-warranty upgrade.  You cannot replace just the keyboard -- it's all part of the palmrest assembly, which needs to be replaced as a unit.  Further, it requires tearing the system completely apart -- likely not something you want to do with a brand new system.

If you want the optional keyboard, arrange a system return and order a model that has the keyboard you want.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2021 18:00

How can I install the optional RGB keyboard? My PC is a brand new Dell G15 Gaming Laptop. 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2021 23:00

Hi @abbyshoc19  thank you for sharing your requirements. If still within the first 30 days acceptance timescale, contact Dell Sales to ask for model with the optional RGB keyboard. This upgrade requires many new parts, and Dell does not provide a keyboard RGB update kit. It is more cost effective to get a different model with the preinstalled optional features you want. 

February 7th, 2022 21:00

I bought it just today and however i try the solutions on the internet nothing work for me so.. and keep telling not supported alienfx devices were detected.. did u discover any effective solution for the problem??

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

February 7th, 2022 22:00

Hi @Hazem hossam  unfortunately this is another motherboard whose parts have this known permanent fault, and the system should have been rejected at the factory. During the first 30 days of Approval, the system should be Rejected with your remedy of new replacement system or full refund. Dell Refund policy, New vs Refurbished - Dell Community Users must Reject as soon as the "no supported AlienFX devices were detected" fault is known. 

February 7th, 2022 23:00

You saved my day @crimsom thanks, I'll visit the warranty center and show them the message popping when i open the "Alienware command center" hoping they replace it with new one while I'm there without telling me to leave it and the respond would be giving in 2 weeks, thanks again

No Events found!