Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

A

2 Posts

May 29th, 2023 07:00

Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1 Hinge/screen out

It is a manufacturing defect issue.
Dell has a brand name and it's because of durability and reliability.

If a laptop is designed to work less than a year, what is a point of buying a Dell ???? Is this a quality, Dell is known for ??

I need a refund or replacement of laptop, can't pay for it again.

I have trust and faith in Dell and that's the reason I bought this laptop.
Within one year, it's display is coming out from the panel and it indicates manufacturing/designing defect.

Please see attached pics

The problem has started and if not attended immediately it can cause/create more issues.

I have visited the store for help and no one provided an email id.

I have also raised the concern over toll free and no one is directing towards a designated center where the problem can be sorted.

All are directing to another facility store/Website/toll Free however no one is resolving and helping 

Please let me know any email id where i can submit my concerns and get the resolution 

Thank you,
Anuj Dangaich

Dell.jpg

• 

16.8K Posts

May 30th, 2023 05:00

AnujD

Click here to view the support for hinge issues.

May 30th, 2023 14:00

Hi All,

I'm also facing the exact same issue, when I try to close the lid, I can hear a cracking noise coming from the hinge and I'm worried that this will damage my screen. I've been avoiding closing the lid for the last two weeks.

I'm sure this is a manufacturing defect, as I've only had the laptop for less than a year. I'm hoping that anyone can help me get this fixed as soon as possible.

2 Posts

June 9th, 2023 08:00

Repair is not solution

5 Posts

September 11th, 2023 22:26

I am out of Warranty.  And like many I have the exact same issue with RIGHT hinge of the laptop.  DELL keeps denying their engineering defect.  Terrible customer service, selling more services, instead of fixing their crappy design flaw.  

1 Message

September 25th, 2023 12:26

I am also facing the same issue, bought this almost 2 year back and right hinge suddenly came out. Being a student i cannot afford their services of 7000 INR for whole screen replacement when only the hinge has broken and that too because of their faulty design. They are doing nothing for that, being a manufacturing defect, they should provide atleast one time replacement on their expense.

No Events found!