Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

May 30th, 2020 18:00

Inspiron 15 3567, restarts automatically after shutdown

This started few months back but it was occurring randomly so when I found that laptop is on I thought I put it on sleep and even started doubting my own brain. But after some days I realized it is a problem in my laptop that whenever I shut it down it restarts on its own.

It goes like this: I click shut down -> laptop shuts down -> hardly 10 seconds later it restarts.

I have tried different things like :

1)Turning on/off fast startup

2)Reset windows (3 times) 

3)Checking Device Manager (allow to wake this computer option)

4)Automatic Restart (This pc->properties->Advance System Settings->Startup & Recovery)

5)Changing registry value of "Powerdownaftershutdown" to 1 from 0

Someone please help me. I really need help cause my battery is also draining very fast like it goes from 100 to 0 in 1 hour(approx).

Thanks in Advance.

@Anonymous @techsupport @Inspiron15 

1 Message

December 19th, 2020 04:00

I am facing exactly the same problem, any solution please?

August 29th, 2021 04:00

Same problem is there any solution??

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 2nd, 2021 03:00

Yes, you need to turn off fast start in windows.  With fast start enabled when you shut down your only putting your computer into Hybrid Sleep and something on your computer is waking it up.

We have SSD for our OS drives nowadays and the fast start is not needed and can cause many problems

June 8th, 2022 07:00

same issue on DELL 15 5567 I HAVE THE UPDATED TO THE LATEST BIOS SO IM THINKING IT'S A BIOS ISSUE. Can anyone from Dell have a check on this please!!

4 Posts

November 27th, 2022 22:00

No its not the BIOS Issue i upgraded and downgraded tried everything. But still no fix.

8 Posts

January 14th, 2023 09:00

i have the same with my xps 9370, i tried everything but nothing worked. Its not windows related for sure. It did it and when you are on Bios and hit power button to turn it off.. the machine just reboot again. From windwos it need 2 times to do the command (shutdown or sleep or hibernate ) and with the second staying off.

I believe that its BIOS related issue.. DELL please Help us!! many users have the same problem.

8 Posts

January 14th, 2023 09:00

BIos is the issue 99%. You cant downgrate the ME not support downgrade so we are stuck on the latest release that i believe have issues..

1 Message

March 20th, 2023 06:00

@techsuppot  
Isn't there a solution to this? I'm tired of it

No Events found!