Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

September 17th, 2018 09:00

Inspiron 15 5570 slow start up

Why does it takes 2minutes to start up my new inspiron laptop 5570 i7 8th gen?  Could you give a solution for this problem thank you 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 17th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue?  Has there been any recent software changes like installing a new game, application or Windows updates?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB  check if there is an error.

Disable startup items including the anti-virus & check if the issue persists.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

3 Posts

September 18th, 2018 07:00

the first time i used it the start up is a bit slow but i just disregard it i thought it will be fine when i frequently used it but still it is slow to start up.

i updated the driver from the support assist last sept 16, 2018 here are the ff:

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver - A00 - 13 MB - Recommended

- AMD Radeon 530 Driver - A01 - 537 MB - Recommended

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console - A01 - 43 MB - Recommended

- Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework - A10 - 14 MB - Recommended

- Dell Inspiron 5570/5770 KBL System BIOS - 1.1.8 - 6 MB - Urgent

after i installed it the start up now takes 2-4 minutes. 

hope you help me with this. thank you

3 Posts

September 18th, 2018 08:00

I run the hardware diagnostics it says that all tests passed

1 Message

August 19th, 2019 21:00

Hi,

I have same model...this is problem with Windows 10 laptops.

I installed 256 GB SSD drive and installed Windows 10 on that...now everything is seemingly fast as it should be.

Total cost around 3500 Rs with 4 years warranty.

Hope this works out for you as well.

Mayank

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 8th, 2020 06:00

To speed up the sluggish Windows 10 Dell laptop, you can try the simple tricks here. Hope that you can regain the smooth and fast using experience with them.

1. Tune the system performance with SupportAssist that is the troubleshooting tool provided by Dell. You can search it in the start menu and run it. Then click the down-arrow button in the interface and several tools will be shown for you, just hit Run Now under Tune performance function to optimize the system.

2. Release disk space, especially for the system disk. Low disk space can slow down the pc greatly. You can free up the disk space by uninstalling unnecessary applications in Control Panel, moving the large files like films to another disk, removing the junk files as well as invalid registry files via iSunshare System Genius.

3. Scan the system for malware. Windows Defender is the built-in security program of Windows, which can protect your Dell laptop in real-time. So, it's suggested to turn on this tool and use it to fully scan your system regularly.

4. Try not to run too many programs at one time. As the running programs will take up the computer resource, which makes the PC low in resource and then influences the running speed of PC.

5. Restore your Dell laptop with Windows Restore function. This trick is recommended to be used if your Dell laptop crawls recently. If you have created the system restore point before, you can restore your system to the previous state. Before applying this way, you need to back up your important files and remember needed applications to prevent data loss caused by something wrong. 

16 Posts

June 8th, 2020 07:00

It's about your Hard Drive read&write speed, If you have an SSD, you must never encounter a slow down on startup, but if you have an HDD, It's actually that's how are the HDDs, they are slow and break fast, Try following thos steps, and... you're not the only one who has a slow startup, I do!

1- Disable all the unnucessary apps on the startup (On win7/vista, do it via Msconfig) (On Win8.1/10 do it via Task manager)

2- Run a defrag FOR YOU HDD!!! DONT DO IT IF YOU HAVE AN SSD!!!

3- Tune your performance settings on your computer, like disabling all the unnucessary visual effects, tunning your Virtual memory:        Microsoft recommends that you set virtual memory to be no less than 1.5 times and no more than 3 times the amount of RAM on your computer. For power PC owners (like most UE/UC users), you likely have at least 2GB of RAM so your virtual memory can be set up to 6,144 MB (6 GB).

4- It can be a hardware failure or something like that, run an HDD/SSD, RAM, CPU Diagnostic, Most of time the Computer manufacturers are setting it on the BIOS/UEFI, if you don't have a one, run an third party app.

5- Run an SFC scan and an DISM scan, for more info check this: https://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-fix-missing-files-on-windows-10/ (not sponsored -_-)

And... Sorry for my bad english.

And yeah! Virus can be the problem too! Run a virus scan, better you download MalwareBytes, then run a full scan, It can take some time, but it's worth it!

-Acacolex

16 Posts

June 8th, 2020 07:00

If the problem persist, then the only way is to install an SSD to your computer (SSD is not an app, is a type of hard drives, It has an very fast Write&Read speed, that will fix the computer slow down and slow startup too) If you don't have money or you are an newbie on this, then sorry the only way is to do a windows Clean Install (Install that will remove EVERYTHING in your pc)

-Acacolex

No Events found!