Start a Conversation

Unsolved

I

8 Posts

September 15th, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 - boot 1 time to 10 attempt... what is going on?

Hello everybody!

I recently got a weird problem with my old Inspiron 15R SE 7520.

Pressing the power button it gets to the screen with the Dell logo (after a second of black screen)  and remains stuck there. By turning it continuously off and on for about ten times, a certain point it can start normally.

This is something new since a couple of weeks. I didn't do any recent changes. Since about a year the BIOS was informing me that the coin battery was uncharged, so I guessed this was the problem. So I change it, but the problem is still there.

So I supposed that could be a problem with the power adaptor, so I change it, but the problem is still there.

Other info are:

- the laptop battery is dead since a very long time. I thought this could be a reason, but I removed it and nothing changed.

- I have a password in the BIOS (I think this should not influence the issue... but you never know...)

- I never updated my BIOS

Is there someone having some suggestion?

8 Posts

September 16th, 2019 12:00

Apparently I solved the problem by uploading the drivers indicated by @firstbrickmaster . For the moment seems to work normally. Thank you so much.

8 Posts

September 17th, 2019 05:00

Mistake... sorry...

It used to work for a while. I restart it several time and it was working fine.

When I start the system this morning, the problem appeared again. I suppose it has to do with the fact of being without power for long time.

Another info is that I updated all the driver mentioned before, excluding the BIOS. Since my battery is gone, the software doesn't allow me to install. I also used the command "/forceit" with no result.

8 Posts

September 24th, 2019 10:00

any other suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

September 24th, 2019 15:00

failing hard drive is my guess

No Events found!