Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

September 24th, 2022 08:00

Inspiron 5570, no hibernate or shutdown

Inspiron 5570

Inspiron 5570

My Inspiron 5570 will not shutdown or hibernate. It wakes up immediately. Could this issue be  related to the battery? My battery health is poor. I tried Microsoft support. They try at their best but problem is not solved.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 26th, 2022 00:00

The Dell Inspiron 11 3162 may not show the hibernate option under Power Options>Choose what the power buttons do>Shutdown settings in Windows 10. Attempts at adding it to Windows via the command prompt might also fail.

This could be caused when Windows 10 assigns an insufficient amount of memory to the hibernation file (hiberfil.sys). The amount needed is based on the amount of storage of the system. In low storage solutions (such as the 32 GB option available on the Inspiron 11 3162), Windows 10 assigns an amount too low to successfully hibernate so the option is disabled.

You can increase the hiberfil.sys file to its maximum capacity by following the steps below:

Open a command prompt by pressing the Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type cmd in the search box, and click OK.
Type the following command powercfg /h /type full and press Enter on the keyboard.
Restart the computer and check to ensure Hibernate is available under the Power Options for the computer.
It is possible the system memory will be too low to preserve the entire environment so applications that were running before hibernate may not resume.

No Events found!