Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 22nd, 2018 00:00

Inspiron 5570 with crackling sound on both speakers and headphones

I bought an Inspiron 5570 (exact model: I5570_i7F82TGSW10s_218) last week , and since then, when I try to play any music (say Spotify, YouTube videos, Netflix, even sample sounds) I get this annoying little crackling sounds in between seconds. It's not permanent, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't happen at all, but right now, as I'm listening to classical music on Spotify, is really noticeable.

I don't know why is this happening, I had the latest Realtek audio drivers from Dell webpage for my exact model, and they didn't improve anything. I tried default HD Audio driver from Windows 10, same thing, there's no improvement at all.

I've seen that it gets worse when I move my mouse around on anything, like moving it fast back and forward I get this crackling sound like when you had FM Radio and it started to lose signal? Not exactly that, but it's difficult to describe. Something like that. Tiny crackling sounds, but sounds after all.

I don't know what else to do, this computer is great but this issue is driving me insane. I have to say this happens on both speakers and headphones connected on the 3.5mm port. My headphones work great on my smartphone, so no issue with them.

Sorry for any bad english, not my native language.

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2018 06:00

hello, i have the same problem with my audio after updating and reinstalling my audio driver. does smartbyte have to do anything with this?

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2018 07:00

I actually have an update to this... bear with me though, it's a bit involved. I had a Dell Technician remotely log onto my laptop when I asked about audio cracking, and the first (only) thing they did was to open the Device Manager, go to Sound, video and game controllers (or equivalent on your machine), open the sub-menu items by clicking on the small down arrow, double click on High Definition Audio Device, click on the Driver tab, click Update Driver, click on Browse my computer for driver software, click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and then double click on High Definition Audio Device. You'll get a warning dialogue that says 'Installing this device driver is not recommended because... etc'. Now obviously, taking this sort of advice from an anonymous post on a bulletin board is risky, and I can't prove my credentials, but it worked for me when the Dell Tech did it. What I found though was that another piece of pre-installed third-party software 'Waves MAXX Audio' was de-activated. This lessened the dynamic range of my sound but that's what was causing the crackle. Another thing to note was that I was running speakers out of the 3.5mm headphone jack, which is designed to run headphones not speakers (hence the headphone icon next to it). Get a Bluetooth adapter for your speakers and run them off that. I got a Logitech Bluetooth Audio Receiver for A$47 and it works a charm, is more convenient ‘cos it’s not plugged into the headphone jack and, more importantly - no crackling!

1 Message

August 20th, 2018 19:00

I have the same issue with my brand new 5570!  I called Dell and they tried everything to fix it including downloading a version from their store but that did not work either.  I am beginning to see a pattern with this computer and its audio.  Very disappointed!  

September 6th, 2018 14:00

There is a very easy solution for your problem , even i had the same problem and now it is fixed.

Go to control panel programs and features and uninstall a software called Smartbytes.

This will solve your crackling issue completely.

September 6th, 2018 14:00

October 27th, 2018 08:00

It doesn't work, it's not a software problem, it's more like a grounding issue. Uninstalling SmartBytes didn't work for me.

6 Posts

February 15th, 2019 06:00

I also have the exact same issue with my inspiron 5570 and have tried everything to resolve it but with no success. - Changing drivers, SmartByte, different AC adaptor and many, many other fixes that I read about.  Some seemed to work temporarily but none provided a permanent fix.

Like others the issue is only present when the laptop is plugged in. 

The only thing I could do to resolve it was to use a bluetooth receiver to connect to my speakers but the issue there is that it has high latency so the audio on videos is very out of sync.

Really is quite maddening that such an obvious issue got through QC and that Dell have not been able to resolve it.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2019 13:00

Does this happen when the computer is plugged into the power adapter as well? I was having a similar issue and it was related to whether the AC adapter was plugged in or not. If it was plugged in to power, no issues, it if wasn't crackling audio all the time. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 2nd, 2020 11:00

same issue with my 1.5 year old inspiron 5579

only when power not plugged in though.

tried all the suggestions in the forum but didn't solve the issue.

16 Posts

August 22nd, 2021 16:00

I purchased  DELL INSPIRON 15  5570 . (silver)ONLINE THROUGH AMAZON INDIA by BANK DEBIT CARD. From day one, I am having problems with audio.  Hence service of Cortana can not be utilised. Lodged complaint so many times, no result.   On my personal investigation, I found that the set was locally assembled on the windows8.1  platform.  based on the following:

1) The set does not carry DCOA (DELL CERTIFICATION OF AUTHENTICITY)   Its a must for any DELL Products. (source -Dell knowledge base)

2) The GST Invoice ( where no GST paid)  loacation shown at Dankuni, West Bengal.

As a  result, I can not use   SPEECH TO TEXT  the app provided by Microsoft

No Events found!