Start a Conversation

Unsolved

SG

2 Posts

October 25th, 2019 04:00

Inspiron 7000 13 2-in-1 (7386)

Hi

I received my laptop a new months ago, the hinge was never right. I closed it and it casued the screen to craic from the hinge.

This now means the touchscreen is useless and makes the laptop unusable at times.

I have spoken to tech support who are not helpful and want 400 euro to fix something which cost me 650 a few months ago. This should be covered under warranty.

Can someone please assist in resolving this, the laptop has not been mistreated or abused in any way, the screen has simply cracked from closing the lid of the laptop!

As expected zero help from dell, common problem and others have had this issue fixed for free yet I have to pay. Do not buy this model laptop

9.4K Posts

Hi seanjcoyne,

Thanks for posting and for providing your service tag information in Private Message.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

A case has been opened regarding this issue and we will be responding to you in Private Message to protect your personal information.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

May 14th, 2022 01:00

I have this same issue, can someone please contact me. hinge has cracked screen simply by closing the laptop. please HELP!!!!!!

2 Posts

May 14th, 2022 01:00

Hi, i have the same issue the hinge has cracked my screen and i had to disable the touch screen. im just wondering if you had any luck with dell? because i have read alot of people have the same issue? would love to know thank you.

No Events found!