Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

August 4th, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 7000 gaming not turning on

The issue started with a factory reset. After the process ran, I received a no bootable disk error upon start up. Changed bios settings per troubleshooting recommendations in the community and now computer won't boot at all. I press the power button and the keyboard lights up for a second, then the computer beeps, turns itself off, then turns on again, keyboard lights up, one beep, then turns off. This continues until I hold the power button down for 10 seconds, finally shutting the computer down. I cannot get to bios or diagnostics screens nor can I boot from USB. Please help. Thanks, Steve

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 4th, 2019 10:00

Why did you do a reset? That might explain why this is happening. Are you able to get into the boot menu by tapping F12 immediately after rebooting without waiting for any screen? If you can, run the diagnostics to test the hardware. See this beep code chart if you have this model--

https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2014/06/27/dell-inspiron-15-7537-7000-series-beep-codes-diagnostic-indicators/

2 Posts

August 4th, 2019 12:00

I did factory reset because I swapped computers with my son and I wanted a fresh install.

I cannot get to any screens. The computer does not stay on long enough to use f2 or f12 keys to get into BIOS or diagnostics.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

August 4th, 2019 16:00

What was the reason for the Reset?

No Events found!