Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

6 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 7375 Ryzen 2500U - Sleep Issues

I just purchased the 13" Inspiron 7375 with the Ryzen 2500U and I've been having a lot of difficulty with sleep. After checking for all my windows and firmware updates, my machine is unable to comeback from sleep mode. When I attempt to awake the machine, the keyboard backlight flickers until I hit the power button and force a hard reboot.

Is anyone else having this issue?

• 

16.7K Posts

May 24th, 2018 06:00

angretlam,

You may need to change the power and sleep options in the computer settings.

Go to Start-Settings-System-Power & Sleep. From here change the settings to meet your criteria. Click Advanced Power Settings at the bottom. Select each option on the left column and set the options on the right for each one that you want the computer to do for each section.

* For my notes, send me via Private Message the Service tag number,your name, address, phone number and email address
* Go to the top of this thread
* Click the Envelope
* Click the blue "New Message" box
* Paste my name DELL-Jesse L into the "Send to" blank
* Click my icon. My name should now be listed in the "Send to" blank
* Message Subject =
* Message Body =

6 Posts

May 24th, 2018 12:00

I have identified the specific issue that was causing the hardware response.

By installing the Windows Hypervisor Platform module through "Turn on and off Windows Features", I created the issue. When I removed that module, the sleep issue went away. This is an interesting bug; do you think it should be escalated to Dell or MSFT or both?

July 5th, 2018 15:00

Hi!

I have the same issue. Any resolution for it?

1 Message

July 8th, 2018 23:00

Sorry for the "me too" reply, but I have this problem as well

Mine is Ryzen 7 2700U, but same issue

after the laptop went into sleep mode (both battery and AC power), it does not wake up

Is there any resolution to this issue?

Thanks

2 Posts

July 24th, 2018 10:00

Thanks angretlam for your post, unfortunately that particular feature is not enabled on my system and I continue to have the wake from sleep issue. I am wondering if it is the newest AMD driver as before updating the driver, I did not have this issue.

1 Message

August 6th, 2018 07:00

I have a Ryzen 5 based system (Dell laptop Inspiron model 5575 Windows 10 Home).  I also have the problem that when I enable the Windows Hypervisor Platform the laptop stops being able to wake from sleep.

I note that the output of powercfg /a indicates that the hypervisor is not compatible with hybrid sleep. 

I would appreciate a resolution to this as well.  

February 3rd, 2019 22:00

Had the same issue and solved it by going to Control Panel ->  Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change Advnaced Power Settings -> Sleep (dropdown) -> Allow Hybrid Sleep.

Doing the "powercfg /a" in the command prompt specifies which sleep states are available in the system.

February 5th, 2019 14:00

Hybrid sleep is not available when Hypervisor is enabled:

The following sleep states are available on this system:
    Standby (S3)
    Hibernate
    Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
    Standby (S1)
        The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

Hybrid Sleep
        The hypervisor does not support this standby state.

6 Posts

March 7th, 2019 23:00

I'm facing the problem of laptop not waking up from sleep for my Inspiron 13 7375 2-in-1 Ryzen 2500U laptop. I've purchased this laptop in Nov'18. 

In my case, when laptop is On battery and remains idle, it looks as if it has gone to sleep. However, any input from keyboard, touchpad or mouse does not wake it up. When I quick press the power button, keyboard light turns on but the display doesn't come up. Same happens when I close the lid and reopen. After a few seconds, even the keyboard light turns off. And after that when I press the power button again, laptop starts similar to starting after a complete shut down. I lose all my open apps and windows.

My advanced power setting are as described below.

• Turn off hard disk after : On battery - Never / Plugged in - Never
  • Sleep after : On battery - 30 mins / Plugged in - Never
  • Allow Hybrid Sleep : On battery - Off / Plugged in - Off
  • Hibernate after : On battery - Never / Plugged in - Never
  • Turn off display after : On battery - 10 Mins / Plugged in - 20 mins

Windows Hypervisor Platform is unchecked in 'Turn Windows features on or off'

Below is the o/p of running powercfg /a thru' command prompt.

The following sleep states are available on this system:

• Standby (S3)
  • Hibernate
  • Hybrid Sleep
  • Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:

• Standby (S1) The system firmware does not support this standby state.
  • Standby (S2) The system firmware does not support this standby state.
  • Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) The system firmware does not support this standby state.

I've read thru' a lot of tech community websites, blogs etc. and tried different suggested solutions, but nothing has solved my problem so far. I'm desperately looking for a solution. Any pointers would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 8th, 2019 05:00

Thank you for your message. Have you set the LCD to turn off & a sleep timer?  LCD (Display) goes after no input for X amount of time before the computer goes to sleep?  

Does this happen if the AC adapter is plugged in?

What is the BIOS version installed?

Try creating a new MS local admin account by following this link & check if the issue persists.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

July 19th, 2019 14:00

This post is a few months old, I'm hoping you found a solution?

I have the same exact problem with the `virtual machine platform` feature enabled.

July 19th, 2019 16:00

No, we didn't. Dell doesn't bother with BIOS update.

2 Posts

May 18th, 2020 13:00

Yes, I recently installed the Hypervisor Module as well thank goodness I found other people with this same laptop have had the same issue. The only solution unfortunately for now is to disable the feature    ...... Please fix this Dell. My work uses a few applications that require virtualization through Hypervisor for security purposes.... Yet I cannot even use it! If only I would've bought the Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 with the slightly more powerful AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with probably better support for hypervisor. Instead I went for the slightly cheaper Dell 7375 AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Laptop. Never going to make that mistake again DELL, Never again

2 Posts

May 18th, 2020 13:00

allow hybrid sleep is not listed for me... should I just disable hypervisor?

No Events found!