SohaiMeng
Bronze

Inspiron 7577 Buzzing/Crackling/Popping Sound Randomly

I have been experience random crackling/buzzing/popping sound from my 7577 inspiron. The following are the scenario that I'm able to figure out that able to trigger the crackling/buzzing/popping sound.

The first video url is the popping sounds when i perform a full refresh (CTRL + F5) in youtube video. Whenever the video starting to play, a 'pop' noise will be heard. The second video url is buzzing sound whenever i adjust volume in youtube video. And a random crackling sound that happens randomly. 
1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdofx6lhcsj4uzw/IMG_5604.MOV?dl=0
2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dbnpaiyfbhi3gq/IMG_5622.MOV?dl=0

I tried the following solution posted in forum but none of them can solve the problem.

1. https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-Inspiron-7577-Windows-10-realtek-sound-driver-issue/td-...

2. https://www.dell.com/community/General/Speakers-popping-on-Inspiron-15-7567/m-p/5155487#M929649

3. https://www.dell.com/community/General/Crackling-speakers/td-p/4483294

It is fairly disappointing to get a good review laptop in such condition. Dell has just disappoint another customer.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Inspiron 7577 Buzzing/Crackling/Popping Sound Randomly

Hi SohaiMeng,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

I see that you've already tried several things to resolve this issue.  Does the issue persist when headphones are plugged in?  Have you run a systems diagnostics by using Dell Support Assist?

Have you uninstalled and installed the latest audio driver?

Support for Inspiron 15 Gaming 7577

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Diamond

Yesterday, while playing local music to external speakers on my 7567, I was hearing popping.  It wasn't bad but enough to distract from the music.  I changed music players and the popping seem to stop but did still randomly occur.

So, all I might mention is to check the playback device and check what sound quality you are showing.  Perhaps try changing the bit rate or speed to a lower setting for testing.

Along with sound quality, what type of sound you are listening to could be important.  Since str+eam+ing content may be encoded differently, if you could pin down a specific source or encoding when the pops happened, it might help with a solution.

Check the volume controls on the different entities and perhaps increase volume on one to account for a volume change on another.  If one was set to a high volume and another to a low volume, some adjusting my help.

If it is only online media, it could be related to your connection.

These may have been included in your links but since none of them worked, I can only suggest what I would try.  If you have a specific YouTube site or video you might use as an example,  you might include it or send it to me in a private message so I can check it on my system.

The word with the + signs is one of many not allowed on this forum........................!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
SohaiMeng
Bronze

Hi Saltgrass, the following is the youtube video I tested on in video URL No.2 that show electric 'buzzing' sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlc9GfUDwew

It seems like the laptop is not up to the review standard or just i am the unlucky one to receive faulty laptop. I just got this laptop 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Diamond

I have been listening on both internal speakers and external.  I changed from 16 bit 48 K to 24 bit 48 K.

The only scratching I have heard was when I went from windowed to full screen, it happened for a second or two.

On internal speakers it seems I can hear some rumbling but hard to pin down and may be something rattling on the system.

No other type of distortion except for an occasional blip.   On the Windows Playback device UI, I am showing almost 100% levels which might be too much but the system volume is 34.

I do notice the video hesitates every 20-30 seconds but I don't notice any sound changes related to that. 

I did just hear a pop but I have gone back to the 24 bit sound which was doing that yesterday.  After some time of the music playing the pops seem to increase.  The same type of things happens with video, like Netflix if I watch for an extended period.

In the Volume Mixer (Windows UI) you might see how close the level gets to the volume control.  If the dark green goes to the slider, you may need to turn down some volume.

I suppose the relevant observation, I am hearing some pops which have increased over time.  I cannot judge if yours is more pronounced than mine.

Network speeds vary quite a bit.  It pulses but jumps to around 25-35 Mbps every few seconds.

The ad prior to the video sounded fine Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
SohaiMeng
Bronze

DELL sent engineer to replace the speaker and motherboard a week ago. Same problem as well. The crazy popping sounds just keep appearing during music playing. 

I am waiting a full replace or a refund from their CS and tomorrow is the last day of waiting (already giving them a week to process the request for replace). Ain't gonna tolerate such quality of laptop.

They even requested me to wait for 25-30 days for a full replace. I was like What the H going on with this company. Providing customer with such quality laptop, replacing motherboard and speaker for a NEW LAPTOP (1 week usage) and yet still having the same issue persisting. Worst case is to ask customer to tolerate the company processing for 25-30 days for a full replacement (NO GUARANTEE APPROVAL). 

I doubt those 7577 youtube videos from tech reviewer definitely get paid quite an amount to promote such quality laptop.

If they don't replace it, i will just go for a refund. Please don't tolerate such ridiculous reason provided by them.
PS. the engineer even DAMAGE my laptop casing during the part replacing process.

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Diamond

All I can tell you is on my 7567 I was getting that type of sound. I changed music players and it improved a little, but uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver seemed to stop it...

It was not normal for my system to do that so I was a little surprised but it did not last long.

0 Kudos
HAY5678
Copper

When I try to watch/listen to a Facebook video I hear a loud buzzing while playing.

This is a new Inspiron I5 7573 15 inch/ All in One. 

Can you help?

0 Kudos