Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2019 00:00

Inspiron 7577 - Won't boot fully - black screen - shuts down

I have a major problem with my laptop Inspiron 7577. When I try to boot (on battery or with power cable plugged in) the screen stays black. Lights of the keyboard work fine. You can hear the laptop trying to power on but it stays on a black screen. After a moment it shuts itself down making a "piewww" noise. Dell logo does not show. After trying lots of times it does power up from time to time. Than it works fine. If I don't turn it of I can let it go into sleeping mode, no problem booting it after that. 

All drivers are up to date. What is the problem here?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings

Here is a video of it: https://we.tl/t-rgrWjoaNvG

23 Posts

September 26th, 2019 23:00

It was a defective motherboard. Dell replaced the first time everything worked. A month later same problem. Another malfunctioning motherboard.. Got a new one in the meantime and everything back to normal. 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 20th, 2019 09:00

@RobinLowet wrote:

I have a major problem with my laptop Inspiron 7577. When I try to boot (on battery or with power cable plugged in) the screen stays black. Lights of the keyboard work fine. You can hear the laptop trying to power on but it stays on a black screen. After a moment it shuts itself down making a "piewww" noise. Dell logo does not show. After trying lots of times it does power up from time to time. Than it works fine. If I don't turn it of I can let it go into sleeping mode, no problem booting it after that. 

All drivers are up to date. What is the problem here?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings

Here is a video of it: https://we.tl/t-rgrWjoaNvG

If you manage to get it to boot, run Dell Diagnostics.

591 Posts

April 20th, 2019 09:00

if you can't boot with the laptop shut down hold down FN and press the power button this should go straight to ePSA (Dell Diagnostics) .

No Events found!