Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2020 01:00

Inspiron G3 15 3500, keyboard backlight timeout Issue

I had just purchased an Inspiron G3 15 3500 with a 1660 ti.

I had tried various things like the feature enhancement pack and turning "on" the backlight in the bios but I cannot keep the backlight timer to always on, Dell support wasn't super helpful. 

Does anyone have a fix?

• 

25.1K Posts

October 29th, 2020 03:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work the issue. You may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

Update November 1 = I resolved the issue. The keyboard light now stays on and doesn't timeout. MK 619

To help other users, please tell us what steps you took to resolve the issue? Once posted, we will mark your reply as the Accepted Solution.

4 Posts

November 30th, 2020 09:00

I returned one G3 15 3500 because the keyboard backlight quit completely and there were other intermittent issues. The replacement laptop worked for a few days and then the backlight quit as well. I manually did a BIOS 1.6.0 upgrade and now, there is a time out setting in BIOS, but for some strange reason, the backlight will not turn on until about 75 seconds after Windows 10 has started. From that point, Fn-10 will turn on and off the backlight, but I understood that Fn-10 would also cycle through 1 or 2 illumination levels. Any suggestions?

1 Message

March 19th, 2021 00:00

I have the same issue with my g3 3500. Backlight was working fine until the latest bios update 1.7.1. F10 key is also working fine. Dell support was not very much help. Backlight in on in the bios and I have done other solutions suggested by dell support. If anyone finds the solution, please help.

4 Posts

March 21st, 2021 08:00

Try starting Alienware Command Center (ACC) App.  Sometimes just starting it in WIN10 turns on the keyboard backlight, but other times, I have to reset the keyboard lighting settings in ACC. There is definitely an intermittent issue between ACC and the keyboard regardless of the setting in BIOS that has continued across three different G3-3500s.  BTW in ACC, you have quite a lot of flexibility in colors and effects in portions or all of the keyboard.

No Events found!