Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

October 20th, 2018 19:00

Inspiron G3 15-3579, LCD yellowish

I bought Dell G3 3579 laptop 4 days back and I'm feeling my laptop screen is not showing accurate colors. It's showing warm colors or in yellow tone. I have another laptop Dell Inspiron N5110 which I used for good 8 years and still using. My old laptop's display is showing correct colors white = white but on my new G3 laptop white = bit yellowish tone. Is it OK as G3 is new laptop or is it something wrong with my laptop/display or something. BTW, I'm a graphic designer and my job demands accurate colors in my designs. Please help or suggest someone from Dell Support Team. Warm Regards, Swaranjit Singh

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

October 22nd, 2018 05:00

The LCD on the G3 is of poor quality and only 6-bit. Consider upgrading it.

That being said, it sounds like maybe your Night Light is on. It shifts the monitor from blue to red to prevent eye fatigue. Turn it off then calibrate your monitor.   

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

October 22nd, 2018 05:00

Try this..

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. In the top left corner of Control Panel, type Color Management. ...
  3. In the device drop down menu, choose the monitor that has the yellow tint.
  4. Check Use my settings for this device box. ...
  5. Choose sRGB Virtual Device Model Profile, then click OK.

Or alternatively..

1. Close all open programs.
  2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  3. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
  4. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
  5. Click to select the color depth you want from the drop-down menu under Colors.
  6. Click Apply and then click OK.

October 26th, 2018 00:00

Hi Furcifer, night mode is OFF but still colors are not bright. Please share any other solution.

October 26th, 2018 00:00

Tried many ways to restore correct colors but failed miserably. Can you share any other concrete solution, please.

November 6th, 2018 08:00

SwaranjitSingh,

I have bought the same device and I have the same issue. We need to use the laptop for photo correction (especially in Lightroom), but we cannot because of this issue with yellow color. Did you find solution? Please share it.

Thank you

November 7th, 2018 21:00

No, I've not found any concrete solution but I'm very very disappointed with display. I hope anyone from Dell can help us.

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

November 9th, 2018 17:00

Maybe post a screen shot next to a screen that isn't yellow. Color is subjective and what you are describing seems more like a setting that a fault with the screen.

The G3 does not have a good screen for photo editing because it's only a 6 bit screen. It can only represent something like 250000 different colors where an 8 bit does something like 16 million (I don't remember the exact numbers). This doesn't cause the screen to shift to a warmer color, this means instead of being able to represent 200 different "blue-greens" you only get 20. Unless you're watching something beside another monitor with the exact same settings it's not going to make a huge difference. If you're trying to print something then it becomes an issue. Even an 8 bit monitor is not going to represent all the colors the human eye can see. If it's that important to your work you should be shelling out the money for a 10 bit monitor.     

November 9th, 2018 20:00

I have found out that maybe calibration of screen can help. Even 6-bit monitor can be calibrated to good condition if it is IPS matrix. But I am in Thailand and I am not sure that I am able to find the place where monitor can be calibrated professionally.

SwaranjitSingh, if you try this, please reply in case of success.

Thank you

1 Message

January 13th, 2019 16:00

same problem guys,

Bought it 3 days ago. But I have that I can make a little better from intel graphics settings u will find in the notification tray there is an option in there to tweak the colors i played with it a little thing get better put it needs a professional to calibrate right like u guys said someone from dell should do something about this

1 Message

January 15th, 2019 19:00

I have the same problem with my dell G3 3579 . Please let me know if you find the solution for this.

2 Posts

February 6th, 2019 11:00

Is it possible to change screen ?

2 Posts

February 6th, 2019 11:00

I just bought a dell G3.

I chose it for video and photo (photoshop, lightroom & after effect).

I have never had such a bad screen. I am very disappointed.

March 23rd, 2019 10:00

I have the same problem.

I bought my Dell G3 3579 in August 2018.

Even though it's performance is good enough, I hate it's weird yellowish display color. 

I've tried many ways to solve this issue. 

While a hundred dollars Xiaomi Phone's showing the correct color, I'm very disappointed with the display of 1000$ Laptop with an incorrect display color.

I want to know the responsibilities of DELL for selling a laptop that cannot display a correct color. 

1 Message

March 25th, 2019 08:00

I've also experienced similar issue with my product. As a graphic designer that work both in design and print, this is a huge problem. The Intel display setting helps a bit. I reduced the brightness for red and green to -15 for more white-ish display. But this isn't a definitive fix as the colour is still inaccurate.

1 Message

February 18th, 2020 21:00

Thanks for your post. I made the change in the Intel Graphics Command Center and found that I got the best results at R0, G0, B20. Though the display needs a professional touch (which Dell should have done in the first place), but I am grateful that at least now white is white, and not yellowish-white.

No Events found!