Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

27 Posts

April 14th, 2019 01:00

Inspiron G3 15-3579, ordering spare parts, problems

Hello, community members,

I'm writing here again and again, because I can't solve huge problem I have with my laptop. All started since I noticed performance falls and high temperatures under load. Then I noticed that my laptop blows out cool air, and the surface stays cool, when CPU runs above 97°. When I was adding additional RAM to my laptop I had diagnosed, that my heatsink is damaged.

I carried it to my local service center, and personally Dell made a conclusion, that this is a defect, and it should be replaced.

But despite that Dell also made a conclusion that my laptop wasn't broken for my fault. Next, they voided my warranty, stating that I was not allowed to disassembly my PC.

But, that isn't the problem. I wanted to buy this spare part by myself, but neither I, nor my local service centers didn't have found and could not ordered this part. Also official Dell support (I called them) didn't help me, and said that this problem isn't their headache, and they are engaged warranty only.

So. I really embarrassed by dell client support, so, that's the last hope. Where I can order this part? (https://www.parts-people.com/ didn't have this part)(Ebay, Aliexpress and other didn't have to).

Should I write a letter to the Dell supply center or directly to manufacturer? Neither Dell G5, nor G7 had any ability to order heatsink too. From two pipes 1 left. One dead. If two pipes could easily cope with 100+ W tdp, one can't cope with more than 50. So now I decreased CPU & GPU performance to avoid temperatures above 80. But this is not a solution. I want to have a gaming, not office laptop.

Thank you all, who will help me.

No Responses!
No Events found!