Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 17th, 2019 07:00

Inspiron G3 17-3779, 1.9.0 bios, startup issues

Dear Community, I tried to contact the support, who seem to have no idea how to deal with this problem so I'm asking here, maybe someone has a solution for me. I installed the new 1.9.0. bios the other week. After the install it didn't want to start for at least 3 minutes. It started loading (with a black screen) , then it restarted. It did it 3 times, after which the laptop finally started loading the operating system. I reinstalled the older 1.8 bios, which did the same, so I insalled the 1.9. version once again. It "couldn't find a hard drive to boot from" so I reinstalled windows as well. Now it boots after 1 restart after a black screen. Every driver is up to date, and the dell support app can't find any issues either. -- Picture of the BIOS logs: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FNx5rXjLfrENSAQs5 -- Any ideas what to do? Thank you in advance, Levente

5 Posts

June 26th, 2019 09:00

Quick update,
the 1.10.0 bios update solved the bootup problems for me.

It can be downloaded from here:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/g-series-17-3779-laptop/drivers

Thank you for the support! :Yes:

6 Posts

May 22nd, 2019 10:00

Hello! All the same. After updating to BIOS 1.9.0. The laptop began to boot from the third time. Black screen, a couple of reboots and only then loaded. Sometimes it starts testing itself. Sometimes a message gets out very quickly: "Me Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed". Rollback to the previous BIOS does nothing.
I know that many have this problem. Please Dell solve it!

DELL G3 15 3579

1 Message

The same problem after updating BIOS to 1.9.0

1 Message

I have the same problems after updating BIOS to 1.9.0.

1 Message

May 22nd, 2019 11:00

Hi!! Dell G3 3779 Laptop. There was a problem after updating BIOS 1.9.0! When my laptop starts, it restarts several times. Sometimes a message appears: (A7) me FW downgrade - mespilock request failed. Returning bios 1.8.1 did not fix the problem.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to have this escalated.

Was the BIOS updated from version 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 or from an older version?

Does the BIOS version in the OS & in BIOS match?

If the system does not boot try BIOS recovery by following this link & check if the issue persists.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.   

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

May 23rd, 2019 23:00

After updating BIOS from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0, the laptop stopped loading normally, G3 17-3779

5 Posts

May 24th, 2019 03:00

Dear SreejithR,

Yes, I can confitm that the bios was updated form 1.8.1 to 1.9.0.
The bios number did match the last time I checked, so it wasn't a faulty upgrade.
I tried your bios recovery, but it didn't help either. 

I will contact you in private with the required deltails in a minute, I hope we can work out a solution.

Best regards,
Levente

6 Posts

May 24th, 2019 12:00

This problem is still relevant.

1 Message

May 24th, 2019 21:00

I just bought G3 3579 last week..after installing all drivers and updating bios to 1.9, the same problem happens when my laptop cannot start normally..it requires 2-3 times restart without passing initial dell screen before it can boot to windows.

Please give solution..since this is a new laptop..I don't expect this kind of problem when buying a new laptop.

1 Message

May 25th, 2019 10:00

Identical problem, sometimes starts immediately, sometimes from the second time, the same dark screen. Recently, a window started popping up, unfortunately I didn’t have time to take a picture of the screen, something about initiating a BIOS.
I regret that the terrible bios was updated on 1.9.0, buggy to the horror!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 27th, 2019 09:00

I have escalated this issue to the product team. They are working on this.

I am afraid, I do not have an ETA on this yet. I am working with the team for an ETA.

6 Posts

May 27th, 2019 10:00

Thank! We are waiting for a solution to the problem.

5 Posts

June 3rd, 2019 22:00

We are waiting for a solution to the problem??!!!!

6 Posts

June 3rd, 2019 23:00

Yes! The problem has not been solved yet. I would like to know about when it is planned to release a new BIOS with the solution of this problem. To know wait or carry laptop in service.

No Events found!