Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2019 22:00

My Camera Turns On Randomly...

7591 2n1 w/ i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1 TB M.2, GeForce MX250 2GB 

The webcam light comes on indicating the camera itself is also on. Randomly. No programs open at all. It started happening after I did some sound testing thing within the MaxxAudio software while exploring the new computer. I've checked task manager but nothing is running. Also tried restarting. Anything else I can do to turn it off??

53 Posts

October 26th, 2019 22:00

Nevermind I figured it out right after posting:) I went into the Settings from the Start button and then found some privacy settings for the camera. I denied access to all apps and turned everything off since I have no use for a camera anyway. If I need it for something in the future I'll just turn everything back on.

1 Message

September 15th, 2020 09:00

Noting that MaxxAudioPro has a "Camera tracking" feature that seems to turn on the camera randomly.

1 Message

December 23rd, 2022 20:00

Microsoft Teams kept turning mine off. Thanks for asking. I was easily able to find the issue and fix it.

November 2nd, 2023 13:58

@Mattphoto6​ This is Just awful behavoiur. Nobody wants this and it's not clear what's happening at all.
Why would you do this when the driver is clearly aware that I'm using headphones.
Not wanted!!

(edited)

December 6th, 2023 15:29

This has enabled itself again. Going to have to uninstall it.  Goodbye maxxAudio you creep.

No Events found!