Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

May 29th, 2018 12:00

My Laptop is very Slow Since I Bought It

Good evening.

I have an Inspiron 15 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500 CPU @ 2.70 GHz 2.90 GHz, with 16.0 GB RAM, with 64-bit operating system. It ran Windows 10.

The laptop has been running extremely slow since I bought it.

I don't understand why this is happening. Someone suggest to me to check the startup, but I don't see anything wrong? I'm not sure.

Screenshot (6).png

I don't even have many apps in it. I added these apps exactly: Adobe Master Collection, Evernote, Google Chrome, Inkscape, Microsoft Office, Skype, Steam and Twitter (the last two I do not open since I first downloaded it, since it ran way too slowly and it made the laptop freeze). The rest are what came with the laptop from beginning. The only thing I use these days are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Word. 

Can someone give me a suggestion as to why this is happening? And a solution to it? Thank you very much.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

May 29th, 2018 15:00

Photoshop and Illustrator (and perhaps other applications you're using) run best with a dedicated, true-discrete GPU.  That's not what this system has -- it's a hybrid system, designed for home use and very entry-level gaming.  While the applications will run, you just can't expect miracles - you can dress up a Toyota Camry nicely, but it still won't pull that 5,000 pound trailer.

Is the OS running from a hard drive or a solid state drive?

September 17th, 2018 17:00

I am having the same trouble. In fact the first one was so slow that I took it back. All my applications said "not responding". I have a new one, but it doesn't seem much better. Cortana takes sometimes 2 minutes before I can type into it. If there is a solution, please let me know. If not, I will have to return this one as well and try something else.

1 Message

November 26th, 2021 20:00

I recently bought Dell Inspiron 15 3000, I7 16 GB memory I bought today from Costco is running very slow. Waited for two hours as per Costco site but still no luck. Why Dell makes such type of products? 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 27th, 2021 09:00

" Waited for two hours as per Costco site but still no luck "

====================

I have re-read your post; two hours is too long especially when there's 16G of memory is installed.

Now, you tried another website such as Yahoo?  Keep in mind, we're in the busy holiday season. You will find it very hard to shop online especially the top retailers such as Costco and Walmart. It took me about 2 hours to shop on Walmart.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 27th, 2021 09:00

Hi Sandman011

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. 

Example: Dell Inspiron 15 (3000 series) 3543, windows 10 If you don't know, click on link below and then look to the right, you should be able to see dell model number.

Support | Dell US

In meantime, your computer has a lot of memory (16G) and intel code i7, this computer should be super speedy. You know if there is a hard drive (5400 RPM) or a speedy solid-state drive or both of them installed in the computer?  If you don't know, read Dell article in the link below and then list drive.

How to Check the System Configuration on Your Dell System | Dell US

If you have not done so yet, download and install latest Dell drivers, applications and firmware onto computer using Support Assist application. Just type Support Assist onto the search, you should be able to see the application.

https://youtu.be/s7qmgul3ewA

Lastly, make sure the computer has latest windows updates for windows 10.

Get the latest Windows update (microsoft.com)

No Events found!