Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

January 21st, 2018 10:00

New Dell Inspiron 5570 static noise when headphones connected

New Dell Inspiron 5570 static noise when headphones connected very annoying.

7 Posts

January 21st, 2018 11:00

The noise is also coming from the speakers. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 21st, 2018 20:00

Hello. You could test the Realtek audio driver by switching to the Windows native audio driver.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).

2. Expand the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" section.
3. Right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio" and select to uninstall.
4. Put a check mark in the option to delete the driver software, and then ok.
5. Restart the laptop.

When the laptop boots up, it will look for Realtek files. If none found then it will install the native driver. If an earlier version of a Realtek driver had been downloaded then its files could still be in the laptop and Windows would install that version of the Realtek, not the native driver. So after step 5, go back to the Device Manager and check again for a Realtek driver. Keep uninstalling & restarting until "Realtek" no longer appears under Sound...Controllers. If you see "High Definition Audio Device" that is the native driver, although in Win10 it can have a different name.

6 Posts

February 1st, 2018 02:00

This sounds like the same issue as described here: 

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-5570-Audio-static-DPC-latency-issue/m-p/5667806

It's a driver issue, causing audio latency that results in the static pops and clicks.

Despite over a month of searching I'm yet to come up with a fix for it.

I agree it is maddening.

2 Posts

February 9th, 2018 12:00

I read in another post that a user tried several things but the one things that fixed it was updating the BIOS. I just got my 5570 on Monday. This is the first time using the headphones. I just so happen to have a BIOS update waiting so I'm going to see if that fixes it. I'll report back if it does.

2 Posts

February 9th, 2018 13:00

Turns out it was an easy fix for me. I was listening while connected to a monitor with an audio jack over HDMI. I was not using that jack because it sounds terrible. I forgot that jack was there. When I was trying to figure things out I ran the audio troubleshooter and it replaced he Realtek driver with the generic one. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, rebooted, and disabled the HDMI monitor since it was listed as the default. No more popping.

June 14th, 2021 10:00

I have a Precision 3551. It used to have a good sound with the headset but, suddenly, started making static sound while reproducing any video or during a call.

Finally, I could resolved it.

Hope this solution helps anyone else with this problem:

Navigate to Sound settings (Headphones should be selected as output device).

Look for Sound Control Panel option and click on it.

Now select Headphones and click on Properties button.

Choose Advanced tab.

Look for Signal Enhancements and disable the option Enable audio enhancements.

In my case, this option was enable so, when I disabled it, the static sound disappeared. Maybe, you can try to enable if this option is disabled. Not sure why this was causing me trouble but it is fixed now.

Regards.

1 Message

June 24th, 2021 14:00

Hey Raymundo,

I was facing the same issue and I just followed the steps you mentioned. Thanks for helping out a brother!

Cheers!

No Events found!