Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 00:00

Please help!! urgent! Black screen after start up

i did a factory reset on my dell inspiron 5570 and it now starts at a black screen whenever I restart it and gets stuck.

I did a windows diagnostics and it says no errors were found and I'm really on my wits end here. I can't remove the battery because it's not an external battery either.

For the windows diagnostics it says all tests passed validation:80937

please please help i don't have the money at the moment to get a whole new laptop I'm still paying off this one.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

November 3rd, 2018 03:00

From your post can I assume then that you do see a screen at startup like the Dell splash screen? Unfortunately what I am about to suggest involves opening up the computer to gain access to the battery. This from another Dell forum. If you are unable to try this possibly a local tech or a friend who is computer capable. One more question. Is this system under warranty?

First turn your computer off by pressing and holding down the start button. Next unplug the computer and then remove the battery. Press and hold down the start button for about 60 seconds. Release the button and plug in the computer. Press the start button and the display should return. If this does not work, try it again up to four times. No results usually indicates a bad mother board. Hope this helps.

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away.

DellRamanS_0-1647532094777.png

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 07:00

I did this and got the battery out but still noting

it says i have a mail in service and i have 307 days remaining but I'm not sure what that means
i tried the windows + ctrl + shift + b to refresh the screen and all it does is reset the cruiser it shows the cruiser but that's it. is there anything else i can do?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 5th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this & have it repaired if necessary based on your system warranty.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

1 Message

September 8th, 2019 07:00

So I push the start button for 60 seconds without the battery and no power? 

2 Posts

March 25th, 2020 05:00

I do not know why this is happening but I have found that my laptop works fine when cold. 

Thus NO BLACK SCREEN when I start up as long as I keep my laptop in the fridge.

Try it and see if it works for you

1 Message

September 24th, 2022 17:00

can I also get assistance with this black screen with my new laptop that has me concerned?

November 22nd, 2022 07:00

It could be the graphics driver. I am not sure what Windows you have. Try to enter safe mode and see if driver works in safe mode.

No Events found!