Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2022 13:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Realtek Audio driver causing audio and video delay

I have an Inspiron 7506 2-in-1 that is less than a year old. For over a month now I've been experiencing delays in audio and video loading. For example, YouTube videos will buffer for about 20 seconds before starting or will simply display an error message ("If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device").

After testing on multiple browsers and websites, I've determined the Realtek Audio driver to be the problem. I'll list everything I've tried below:

1. Disable the driver. Videos load successfully without any buffering, but the laptop cannot play any audio.

2. Install Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9098.1 (As suggested by 505Kelvin in this thread <https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Restart-has-become-very-slow/m-p/8065635/highlight/true#M91840>). This fixed the issue for three days, but it has stopped working again since yesterday.

3. Install Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9257.1 (As suggested by 
wiz101 in this thread <https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9500-Realtek-driver-6-0-9210-1-static/m-p/8095658/highlight/true#M93058>). This did not work.

4. Install Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.9228.1. This did not work.

5. Install Microsoft High Definition Audio Device version 10.0.19041.264. This DID work, but the sound quality is worse.

Although it fixes the issue, the Microsoft driver isn't the ideal solution since it sacrifices sound quality. Is anyone else dealing with this issue, or does anyone have any ideas? I truly appreciate any help!

1 Message

February 8th, 2022 08:00

I have the same problem, this is a joke how many problems I have with my new dell laptop (this audio lag, blinking screen), I will NEVER buy dell again!!!

5 Posts

February 10th, 2022 04:00

For my Latitude 3520s at least, Dell have released a new audio driver package in the last couple of weeks. After re-building a couple of machines with the new drivers, in Device Manager, the Intel SST Audio Controller is now called a "Intel Smart Sound Technology BUS". There is no audio delay now but only time will tell if the problem is fixed properly. My one concern is that in the Events tab of the Intel SST BUS, the last event says that the device (IntcAudioBus) failed to start... Everything looks fine on the OED though.

hdbcehs_0-1644494722142.png

1 Message

February 10th, 2022 05:00

Also been having this problem with my Inspiron 2-in-1 (7506) MFG year '21. It originally started a few months ago, and a factor reset seemed to clear the issue. Then a couple months later the same problem returned. Any sort of streaming video with sound takes 20 seconds to over a minute to load, and sometimes will crash Firefox all together. With the "Realtek Audio" driver disabled, videos will play instantly, as they should, just with no sound.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Dell customer service giving them control of the PC to troubleshoot themselves.  We uninstalled the driver, re-installed the driver (from multiple different sources), rolled back the driver, and ran bios tests along with a litany of other things.  Needless to say the technician was just as confused as I, and started getting pretty frustrated at the 90 minute mark that we weren't making any progress.

Unable to solve the issue, and still unwilling to replace the defective machine, they settled on sending a technician to my house to replace the sound card. Not confident that this will resolve the issue, but will update the forums if it does.

C'mon Dell fix this problem!

2 Posts

February 25th, 2022 15:00

still no update from Dell on that problem? I still have windows auto-update turned-off because of this.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2022 05:00

I have exactly the same issue on my XPS 13 9310 - and Dell is not helping or even understanding at all. Only solution so far is indeed to manually install the old driver (Realtek-Audio-Driver_Y2MVP_WIN_6.0.9018.1_A01) and deactivate the windows update. Because it is one of those updates attached here that will be installed to update the old driver and that will cause the issue.Windows Update nach Treiberrollback.png

My advice: Install the latest beta from the Windows Insider Program. Here the audio is fixed again.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 12th, 2022 20:00

Same problem Latitude 5411. 

May 29th, 2022 07:00

I have the same problem on my Vostro5510
At first I thought it was an incompatibility problem with other programs on the computer like OBS Studio or Camtasia. But I was wrong
It really is a problem with the Realtek Audio Driver... and this problem occurred after some automatic system update. Unfortunately, it doesn't help to remove the driver and install an older version.

In addition to the problem with YouTube, I have problems with Camtasia's CamRecorder that doesn't work (even the time counter is stopped)... and it appears as if there are missing codecs...

Anyway... I'll follow this thread... if at the end of the day we can't solve it, I'll go back to the factory installation and disable Windows Update right from the start.
It will take a lot of work to reinstall all my programs again.
Crying here!

May 29th, 2022 07:00

I'm very interested in following your solution... I've also been trying...
Please, please share with us if successful.

1 Message

July 5th, 2022 10:00

Any chance we could get a link to the Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_3HWW7_WIN_6.0.9202.1_A04.EXE file?

5 Posts

July 18th, 2022 17:00

I have the 7706 2-in-1 and have been using the Microsoft HD driver, but that causes periodic speaker popping, which is very annoying. This should work for me as well, I'll update my post after installing it.

5 Posts

August 11th, 2022 17:00

I have the 7706 and this did not work. Audio worked fine for two days without any delay, but now it doesn't work properly anymore. I have tried several different realtek audio drivers to no avail, and the generic microsoft driver sounds bad and has a crazy amount of speaker popping.

3 Posts

August 25th, 2022 08:00

The issue just came back last week ... this is extremely frustrating. No update installed nor was anything changed, from one day to another the sound delay is back. Why is Realtek / Dell not providing a newer driver version that fixes this?

August 25th, 2022 08:00

did you disable auto-update for the sound card?
i blocked this update by windows registry

3 Posts

August 30th, 2022 01:00

Yes, but it did not work. It was still installed. Maybe because my device ID is different to the one above in @DELL-Jesse L's description? My Realtek Hardware ID in the device manager reads 0289 instead of 0236 (INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0289&SUBSYS_10280991)

No Events found!