Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

March 8th, 2019 21:00

Touch Screen Settings

Hi,  I'm using a gaming platform called OCTGN. This morning and early afternoon I was using the touch screen to interact with the platform with functions identical to the single left click (single screen tap), left double click (double screen tap), and left click and hold (screen tap and hold).  All of a sudden, the functioning in the app changed to now any taps on the screen are treated as "scroll wheel clicks". Basically, touching the screen now moves the viewing lens of the platform that were previously equivalent to clicking and holding the scroll wheel to serve the same function.  Is there any way to alter how touches on the screen are defined for third party apps? Any idea why this would have changed halfway through the day? I have not made changes to settings today, no updates to the third party software occurred today,

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 05:00

Hi kdenn1020,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately your post does not indicate which system you have, so it's difficult to provide an answer here.  Also, your system was not tested using the OCTGN game, so you may wish to contact the game manufacturer for support .

Please run Dell SupportAssist to check for any hardware issues.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none the the issue may be software or driver related.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or the issue is software related, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!