Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2021 12:00

WD15 dock with Lenovo Laptop - display issue

WD15 Dock used with Dell Latitude 5480 and 5491 Laptops, and monitor, works fine.

When I connect a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 using USB C port, it charges, but does not display on monitor, as above with my Dell laptops.

What can I do to see my Lenovo's screen on above monitor, using the WD15?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 14:00

@zoci  According to Lenovo's specs for the Yoga Slim 7 here (Page 3), it has two USB-C ports, but only one of them supports video output.  The other one only supports USB Power Delivery for charging.  So try connecting the WD15 to the other USB-C port on your system.  Video output is an optional feature of USB-C and therefore isn't implemented on all ports of systems that have USB-C ports.  Some systems have USB-C ports and none of them support video.

4 Posts

February 23rd, 2021 23:00

I plugged in into the other one, USB-C plug, and can see the image on the monitor.

1 Message

February 5th, 2022 20:00

I just purchased the Lenovo yoga i7 today, what i ended up doing is using the other USB-C

(Thunderbolt) port closes to the front of laptop. Now i can see my dual monitors through the DELL WD15 Dock. To keep power i insert power brick USB-C charger into the other USB-C (Thunderbolt ) port closes to the back of the unit.  Seems like a waist of a good port, however works. 

Just had it one day, if it bothers me so much, I'll just return the Laptop.  But must say i do like it also.

No Events found!