Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

February 23rd, 2019 11:00

laptop is very slow

I have a dell inspiron 15-3521. 6GB RAM i3 processor. Over the last year the system has become very slow. takes atleast 8-10 minutes to boot up. every program is slow to open. Can suggest what I can do to beef up the performance. I have done all the basic ones already. run>msconfig>services> unchecked what i dont need. cleaned out temp folders. Limited most background running apps. None of these have made any significant changes. its still slow. would adding another 4-6 gb of RAM help? Im not sure if this model can be upgraded to that RAM

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 25th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message 6 GB of memory is sufficient for a system to perform better unless you have some application which hogs memory.

The maximum memory that can be upgraded on this model is 8GB.

Run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if there is a hardware error.

Start the computer in safe mode following this link & check if the system performance any faster.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

November 14th, 2019 01:00

I'm having the same issues with my computer of the same model. It started somewhere around the end of 2018. I can't really use the laptop for anything right now and was wondering if you found any way to make it faster. 

No Events found!