Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 15:00

screen flickering inspirion 5575

I have an issue since I bought the laptop which appears that it doesn't have any connection to hardware issues neither to openning task manager. I have updated all drivers on PC but the issue still didn't go away even with a clean re-installation of win-10.

I really hope someone can give me assistance on how to fix this issue, it is very annoying when using the PC the screen Flashes white and then back to normal.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 02:00

Uninstall or disable any unnecessary software even if it came pre-installed by Dell, those processes load at boot time and take up RAM, CPU and disk resources.
Open Task Manager and look under the Startup tab and disable apps from running at startup.
You could switch Power Settings to Maximum Performance, it could boost your laptop performance.
If you don't use Windows search, turn off the Search Indexing service.
If you have less than 8GB of RAM it will be hard to improve the performance.

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

July 29th, 2020 01:00

Thank you, I've fixed the issue. If possible do you know a way to fix display brightness changing unexpectedly. The brightness is going to 100% and then drops back to the selected option. It's very annoying and doesn't go away. I even tried reinstalling windows and the issue didn't go away. Tried solving the issue with Microsoft support and Dell support and yet we couldn't fix the issue. Hint this laptop doesn't have a sensor for adaptive brightness to be enabled/disabled.

No Events found!