Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2015 09:00

Are there some stats on numbers of customers running OneFS 7.1.1.7 or 7.2.0.4

We have a customer where target versions of 7.1.1.4 and 7.2.0.3 will not work due to ETA 203815. The fix for this ETA is in OneFS in versions mentioned in subject line but the customer is leery in straying past target versions. In this case there is no hardware where ETA 208773 applies so looking for stats on the number of customers running these code versions. 

106 Posts

November 5th, 2015 12:00

All versions of OneFS released for customer installation go through rigorous testing to confirm their enterprise readiness.  There is additional criteria to qualify for target code that includes customer installation and significant real-world runtime on a variety of cluster sizes.  So every version of released code has a number of cluster installations, but I'm not certain that any specific number would have more or less meaning for a customer.  Is 10 enough?  100? 

7.1.1.4 is target code for meeting a great deal of criteria.  The 4th digit releases after, are specifically maintaining the great quality of code, and just adding in necessary fixes, like the ETA's you bring up.  And if those later versions reach the installation and runtime numbers (along with other criteria) they too will become the target code, but that takes time.  So I would put forth that the fixes provided for ETA 203815 in 7.1.1.7 have maintained the great quality of the code in 7.1.1.4, they have passed the rigors of internal testing to be successfully released.  I can confirm a number of clusters have successfully installed and run the new code, and we are confident to recommend customers use this version. 

The same goes for all versions of OneFS released after target code is identified within the code family. 

130 Posts

November 5th, 2015 15:00

Hello chrisv,

Thank you for your question! I did reach out to program management on this question. Please reach out to Dan Samia for more specific information should your customer still be looking for it.

Thanks!

205 Posts

November 5th, 2015 17:00

I would consider 7.2.0.4 to be safe. Now, the hardware is another matter... if you have any of the xy10 nodes (S210, X210, etc.) or the HD400, look at this https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_ETA?id=kA370000000TQ9G

Do not go to 7.2.1...

1.2K Posts

November 6th, 2015 00:00

For NDMP on 7.2.0.4 also inquire about  issue 152260.

No Events found!