Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 7th, 2016 08:00

Compatability Matrix (eg: ActiveDirectory(window2008R2) vs (OneFSv7.1.1.4/v6.0.3.10)

Our windows team is upgrading their AD functionality level from AD2008 to AD2008R2.

This step is irreversible, so I'd like to make sure our two Isilon clusters wouldn't have any issues with that change.

I'm concerned the two versions of OneFS might have trouble utilising any changes made during the AD upgrade.

I would ask for a compatibility matrix for this kind of investigation, indeed I looked around for one.

I'm not sure if anyone has done this kind of thing or come across a way of cross-referencing how it wold work.

Extra Info:

NTLMv2 disabled,

no usermapping,

onside indentity: native

lookup uid/gid, else autoassign uid/gid

Regards

254 Posts

January 7th, 2016 13:00

7.1.1.4 is target code so it's not a bad place to be.  With respect to SMB and AD, I would make sure that you have the SMB rollup patch (146974) installed or some kind of equivalent.  You may have already done this but there was a nasty security update on the MS side that broke authentication of pretty much every non-MS NAS server (not just Isilon) a while back and if you are updating your servers you might run into it.  Although you may have already installed that patch and have upgraded already in which case you are fine.  It affected clients who still use NTLM which there are a surprising # out there.

Other than that, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would be a problem.  There may be others who want to chime in here as they may have other experiences.

300 Posts

January 8th, 2016 01:00

7.1.1.4 has already 146974 inlcuded.

Also the NTLM Bug is already fixed in 7.1.1.4

No Events found!