Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2017 04:00

IsilonSD DATA drives

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy an IsilonSD Edge cluster to test some functionality but I cannot get the plugin to deploy the cluster. I get an error about the hosts having an insufficient number of drives.

Every hosts on the cluster has 4xSSD drives (2TB each) + SATADOM (128GB) + M.2/NVMe (128GB). And also an extra USB drive to boot the ESXi.

As far as I know the minimum requirement is 6 DATA drives with a minimum of 64GB each... So my question is, is the system not counting the SATADOM or NVMe devices as DATA drives? Any other storage requirement I could be missing??

Thanks in advance!

1.2K Posts

January 9th, 2017 01:00

https://support.emc.com/docu65072_IsilonSD-Edge-Installation-and-Administration-Guide-(OneFS-8.0.0-with-IsilonSD-Managem…

page 8:

Minimum number of disks per node —8 (6 data disks, 1 journal disk, and 1 boot disk)

Note

If the journal disk and boot disk are on the same drive, the minimum number of disks per node is 7.

2 Posts

January 26th, 2017 03:00

Hi Peter,

thanks for your help. I tried adding a new SATADOM so I have now:

2x SATADOM (128GB)

4x SSDs (256GB)

1x NVMe (500GB)

The plugin still complaining not enough drives even if I have 7 now as the document suggests. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

1.2K Posts

January 27th, 2017 08:00

The document (surprisingly to me)  doesn't say anything about the drives to be required of equal size or kind, while the classic Isilon nodes do have such requirements, as widely known.

The Isilon team might want to chime in here?

Cheers

-- Peter

34 Posts

June 13th, 2017 12:00

Yes. IsilonSD creates all virtual data drives of equal sizes.

You can try using the latest release: IsilonSD Edge Management  Server 1.0.2 with OneFS version 8.1

No Events found!