Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2013 12:00

Migrating with isi_vol_copy

I am working on getting an inital copy from a netapp filer to a new isilon running and am having authentication errors when running the command. This is the first time using this command.

# isi_vol_copy :/vol/ /ifs/testcopy/ -sa : -full

Password:

Error sending text authentication: Error: Connection has not been authorized

#

I'm using the root user of our netapp in the -sa. I've pre-created the destination directory on the isilon. The isilon and the netapp are on the same subnet so I do not suspect any network issues. I've gone through what documentation i have for the isi_vol_copy command, but everything looks correct. Am I missing some configuration I need to do on the netapp or the isilon? Thanks in advance.

2 Posts

April 10th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

I use isi_vol_copy intense.

You may verify netapp options setting:

ndmpd.access             all
ndmpd.authtype           challenge
ndmpd.connectlog.enabled off
ndmpd.data_port_range    all
ndmpd.enable             on

ndmpd.ignore_ctime.enabled   off

ndmpd.offset_map.enable  on
ndmpd.password_length    16
ndmpd.preferred_interface disable (value might be overwritten in takeover)
ndmpd.tcpnodelay.enable  off

Or look at netapp ec/message or etc/log/backup file.

Regards,

Ralf

April 10th, 2013 06:00

My ndmpd options are all the same as you are listing they should be.

the "isi_vol_copy intense"? is that a different tool? Man isi_vol_copy doesn't list intense as an option or switch for the command.

3 Posts

April 17th, 2013 07:00

enable rsh access to the Netapp for the Isilon node you are running the copy from?

3 Posts

September 4th, 2013 13:00

Are you using root from the NetApp array and not the ndmpd user credentials?  To find the ndmpd creds for the userID SYSTEM type this and use these creds in your isi_vol_copy command, Although this thread is from April and i'm sure you've completed this migration

filer01> ndmpd password system

No Events found!