Highlighted
2 Iron

OneFS web interface logging out

Hi all,

On a Mac when I log into my clusters web interface using the hostname it constantly logs me out and I have to log back in.  It does not do this when I use the IP address of one of the nodes in the url.   So it seems like whenever the round robin smartconnect sends my machine a new IP I get logged out.  This does not happen on Windows.  It happens on every Mac I try with any browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox).

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I should be able to use the hostname correct?  That way our private ssl certificate works and I don't have to remember the IP.

Thanks!!!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: OneFS web interface logging out

Use a static address pool AND avoid using the smartconnect  zone name for administration purposes.

Which means it makes sense to have one or a few IP addresses from that pool

(also) named via your regular DNS, outside the smartconnect zone.

hth

-- Peter

Highlighted
2 Iron

Thanks Peter!  I will do just that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Hi zbot,

As Peter said, it is best to use an IP rather than SmartConnect name. This is because the OneFS Web Administration Interface does not support multi-node sessions, and when connected to a SmartConnect zone name, your session may be routed to another node unexpectedly and marked invalid.

457936 : Isilon Web Administration Interface frequently logs out when connected via SmartConnect FQDN https://support.emc.com/kb/457936

Highlighted

Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

It does not work using the node's ip.

0 Kudos