Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2017 10:00

Set up SSH Key authentication on Isilon Cluster

Hello, I need to set up SSH login authentication for an Active Directory account using SSH Keys.

I'm able to login via SSH on the command line and typing in the password.

I need to set up SSH Keys such that I can login via a script automatically without needing to enter the password.

I have already created the key pair.

I just need to copy the Public key to a location that stores authorized_keys on the destination cluster.

Is this possible?

We are on OneFS version 7.2.

Thanks!

107 Posts

April 12th, 2017 23:00

There is already a thread with the same topic here: Adding ssh key to Isilon

Do you have still questions?

4 Posts

April 13th, 2017 08:00

Thanks. I do still have a question. How can I set it up for an account that is not root? I need to allow access for a domain account that has a specific limited role. Thank you!

April 17th, 2017 13:00

Hi kt75,

On my test cluster I can use password-less SSH login, by putting in the public key in the authorized_keys file for my user.  Although the difference is that my user isn't a domain user.

For your use, your domain user needs to belong to a ROLE that has the "SSH" privilege associated with that role.  You could create a brand new role and then add your domain user to that role, or you could use one of the roles already created that has SSH privs.  See this screenshot for the specific role you need.  (I'm on OneFS v8.0.1.1, so the WebUI may look different from yours.)

ssh-role.png

Screenshot below shows how you could add a domain user to the SystemAdmin role:

adding-member-to-role.png

No Events found!