Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2015 01:00

Will CloudPool hav a "Recall on access" setting

All

Will CloudPool have the possibility to be configured such, that files are recalled from the archive to the primary cluster when accessed?

thanks a lot

/LarsB

60 Posts

December 22nd, 2015 11:00

Are you looking to have the files recalled to local storage when accessed? There is no policy based file recall.

For CloudPools, the data that has been tiered to the cloud. On access, the file is returned to cache from the cloud, so the file can be viewed/modified. The cache is updated with the changes and a configurable writeback frequency updates the object in the cloud.

130 Posts

December 22nd, 2015 06:00

Hello LarsB,

While I cannot speculate on features of future releases here, we do have some limited information regarding the new products available. Have you taken a look at the Ask the Expert that was done for OneFS.NEXT and CloudPools?

Ask The Expert – Isilon’s New Releases: IsilonSD Edge, OneFS.NEXT and CloudPools

There were some awesome videos attached that feature the product management team going through the new features. Hope this helps!

300 Posts

December 22nd, 2015 06:00

Since i'm a customer i can speculate.

I guess it will be based on your filepool policy. On access they have to bring the filedata onto the cluster to make it accessible for file access. then depending on your filepool policy it will move back into your cloudpool or not. since will occur on the next policy run.

Regards

-- sluetze

No Events found!