Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

May 31st, 2019 12:00

"Specified network password is not correct" error while browsing a SMB share in new zone

I have an isilon, which was running 'system' zone associated with AD 'test.com'. Due to some reasons, I needed to add another AD 'kosmos.com' to the same storage 1) The existing subnet 10.0.0.0 is spanning the entire subnet of clients, so I cannot create another subnet. I have to re-use it. 2) I added my new DNS to the subnet, and after disabling the DNS cache, I was able to add my new domain controller to the authentication provider. 3) I created a new zone, and associated this with the new AD (kosmos.com) and existing subnet. 4) Created an SMB share (ifs/kosmos) with default permissions having few users from the new AD (kosmos.com) 5) I am trying to browse the new share \\10.1.240.10\kosmos from a windows server as kosmos\administrator (having full control) I am getting an error "Specified network password is incorrect. I am quite new to isilon, and please help me understand this error. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am trying to achieve it without having to purchase a smartconnect advanced

1 Rookie

• 

567 Posts

June 5th, 2019 08:00

manojsomanath

Is the AD provider been added to the NEW kosmos.com Access Zone?

No Events found!