Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2014 19:00

19 day old Dell Inspiron 14r 5437 Flickering LED Monitor/Screen

I recently bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 14r 5437 from a Dell Concept Store last Feb 11, 2014.

- Core i5 4200U

-2.6 ghz

- 4 gb DDR 3L

- 750 gb HDD

- Windows 8

- Nvidia GF GT740M 2gb DDR3

This morning I left it plug-in while downloading and set the program to Hibernate when the DL is done.

When I got back home to wake my laptop, the monitor/screen went quite dim and started flickering. The battery is full and still pluged in. It kept flickering until the entire screen/LED went very dark. I had to get really close just to see what I was doing.

I tried removing and replacing the battery, restart and shut down and to unplug-- still the same.

The next thing I did was to plug-in the unit without the battery...it flickered a little then went fine for a few seconds before it started to flicker again.

After replacing/returning the battery and plugging it again, everything went back to normal. Now, I am not sure what the problem could be? 

We tried calling the local Dell Call center to request an On-site service but unfortunately they don't operate during weekends.

My 7 day replacement has already expired.

update: 

as of 12mn, after turning my laptop back ON, it started acting up again. the Flickering of the monitor/LED/screen started again... Crying

update:

2nd day and still the same thing is happening on my laptop.... :(

I hope I can get a replacement directly from Dell...the unit is less than a month old!!

it's unfair...

459 Posts

March 1st, 2014 20:00

The LED or CCFL backlight tube inside screen might be failing. There are replacements.

8 Posts

March 1st, 2014 20:00

but the laptop is less than a month old.... :( how can the LED / CCFL backlight tube be failing at an early stage?

Thanks @30YEAREXPERT

No Events found!