Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2015 11:00

Alienware 13 Power Issue

I've had my Alienware 13 laptop for about 6 months, and recently it started having issues turning on. It would be plugged into an outlet that I knew for certain worked (the light on the charger would be on) or it would have full battery, but pushing the power button did nothing. I decided to press random keys and the power button (who knows, it was worth a shot), and I found that it would start to turn on when I held down the space bar and instantly power off when I let go. After more testing, I found that it wasn't actually the space bar that needed to be held down, I just had to apply pressure in that general area (especially right below the space bar).

Sometimes, I could get it to turn on just fine and run for a bit, then it would power off unexpectedly. No message, no "Shutting Down" screen, nothing. This, as you can imagine, is incredibly frustrating. My guess is that it's a hardware issue, but I can't discern anything else.

I've looked elsewhere and can't seem to find a reasonable answer my question. Any information will help! I'm trying to find an easy fix and avoid sending my laptop in to Dell, as I need it for school.

No Responses!
No Events found!