Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2017 10:00

Audio device could not be found

Hi!

A few weeks ago, I got a message "A Conexant audio device could not be found. The application will now exit." The sound button has an X on it as well, saying "No audio output device is installed." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling  audio driver and Windows 10 troubleshooting for this particular issue - nothing. I can not remember exactly what did I do, but the next morning it suddenly worked again. After a few days the problem returned and I tried more things than before, today I even did a factory reset on my laptop, but the problem was not solved. What else could I try before sending the computer to be repaired?

Laptop specifications:

Model: Vostro 14-5459

Processor: i5-6200U

Audio: Intel(R) Display Audio; NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 10th, 2017 03:00

Hi MaitU,

Thanks for posting.  

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.  From your description, it sounds like that either the audio card or the motherboard  is failing.  Please perform a systems diagnostics by pressing F-12 at startup or run the Support Assist, make a note of any error  messages and contact tech support. You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!