Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2017 11:00

Automatic Repair Loop

Right now i am in a situation of Dormamu in Marvels movie Dr. Strange!  Whenever i swich on the pc it says: Diagnosing Pc!  Repairing errors on Disk!  I am unable to get out of the loop!  It takes hours,  days!  No use!  I am still like Dormammu! Plz Some Dr. Strange answer and relieve me

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

September 17th, 2017 13:00

When Windows fails to load twice in a row, the PC instead boots into an Automatic System Repair routine.  It does try some automatic tasks first (as the name implies), but if it's unable to resolve the problem, it SHOULD put you into a recovery interface where you can choose other options, such as recovering from a system image, loading Command Prompt for manual work, etc.  If that's not happening (and possibly even if that particular aspect WERE working as intended), chances are you'll need to rebuild your PC from scratch, either using generic Windows installation media you can download directly from Microsoft or via Dell system recovery image, the latter of which will probably have more drivers and applications built in upfront and might be available from support.dell.com, depending on your system model.  If you need to recover files from that drive before wiping it, the free utility Explorer++ can run under Windows Preinstallation environment, in which case copy it to a flash drive, boot your system into Windows Setup, press Shift+F10 to launch Command Prompt before even going through Windows Setup, and use Command Prompt to switch to your flash drive and launch Explorer++, which will then give you a graphical interface for copying files around.

No Events found!