Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2013 14:00

BIOS master password

Hi,

i've just bought used Dell Latitude e6400, but there is a locked BIOS.

After DELL logo there appears a white screen says:

"This computer system,  , is proteced by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.  Please type in the system or administrator password and press ."

Where can i get this admin password? Or is it possible to override or bypass it?   I`m not able to contact the guy i bought it from, so it`s not possible  to get the password from previous user.

Could you please help? Thanks in advance

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2013 15:00

Hi PhillipV,

Please help me understand if the computer asking for BIOS password or Windows log in password?

We need to verify authentication and I shall take the case forward. Kindly private message me the error code with service tag of the computer so that I can take the case forward. To private message click Here, then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

November 18th, 2013 19:00

I am having the same problem with a Latitude D830 which I purchased used from Tampa Laptops (through Amazon) in September.  I had no problem until a week ago, when it suddenly started asking for BIOS password authentication.

Dell Latitude D830 Series

Bios Revision A09

This computer system, # -595B, IS PROTECTED BY A PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Pleas type in the system or administrator password and press Enter. (I'm not sure the character after the "B" is a Zero or the letter "O").

Please help!  Thank you!

1 Message

September 19th, 2014 17:00

Im having this same issue

Dell Latitude D830 Series

Bios Revision A15

This computer system, #XXXXXXX-595B, IS PROTECTED BY A PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password. Pleas type in the system or administrator password and press Enter.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 20th, 2014 04:00

Call Dell with verification of ownership.

No Events found!