Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2015 02:00

BSOD wihout options at boot - Please help

Here is my HW: Dell inspirion 15iR-2105 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

My wife said she just fell a sleep with her computer on, ok but now her comp won't boot at all.

Here is the history:

1) At first boot the next morning she was getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried all the options after pressing F8 without any success the comp kept on rebooting and showing the BSOD or 2 options start windows 7 normally or start windows 7 repair (recommended). When I select either of these I get the BSOD (IRQL....)

2) The command prompt was getting stuck on aswRvrt which I found out to be an avast file.
3) I wanted to secure my wife's *** ( I mean data) first so I removed the HDD used an USB adapter and connected to my computer and was able to get all of her data. I also was able to remove (so I think) avast from here comp by using www.avast.com/uninstall-utility and run it on her HDD. I also removed all avast driver in windows/system32/driver from her comp because after removing only the aswRvrt another avast driver was getting stuck (aswVmm)
4) Now I still get the BSOD and when using command prompt, it gets stuck on classpnp
5) I found that ALT + F9 would show me this:

Edit boot option
Edit windows boot option for: Windows 7
Path:\Windows\System32\Winload.exe
Partition 1
Hard Disk 9430081d

/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Press Enter To Sumbit

I do not know how to use this option so I just hit ENTER.

I really need help as I am running out of options to get my wife's computer up and running. She works with her computer everyday as a teacher. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 27th, 2015 07:00

Reboot, F12, Run Dell Diagnostics

2 Posts

January 28th, 2015 08:00

Thanks IEEE488 for your quick respond. I did run the diagnostic several times before you asked me but I never stayed in front of it finding alway the BSOD. Since you told me to run it I stayed and saw that DATA BUS STRESS TEST was failing at 32%. I looked on the internet and find out that flipping the memory around would work. I did and guess what teh computer is up en running. 

Thanks again for your suggestion.

This means that I had memory problem since the begginng and the drivers had nothing to do with the BSOD.

Great ending. My wife is is heaven and sorry about that but I getting allt he credits.

No Events found!