Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2014 08:00

Battery Error 2000 8016

How can i fix this error when my Battery is correctly inputed. And what are the common problems about this. I am currently experiencing this past 3 days and I cant used it without power outlet. 

1 Message

February 1st, 2016 12:00

Hi,

I have the same problem. 

Could he solve it?

Thanks for the help

1.8K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 12:00

Hi Krystian,

Check out this thread on the forums with some suggested fixes for this issue.  

If you follow those steps you may be able to resolve the problem.   If not, you can check out this support article on batteries and AC adapters to see how to test the battery to see if it has failed.  Please check out the areas in  the article about the LED diagnostics lights on the battery as well as the sections on resetting or updating the BIOS in your system.  That error message you're getting may be because the BIOS is not reading the battery correctly and needs to be reset to factory defaults.  

Let us know what you find out when testing that battery and resetting the BIOS.  To make it easier to troubleshoot please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of the laptop.   Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here in this public forum so that others with the same issue can see what is done to test the battery.

Todd

No Events found!