Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2015 22:00

Battery not detected status

Hey,

I have purchased the laptop 3 months ago and suddenly from yesterday I am getting no battery detected notification on the battery status icon. My battery is charging and dischaging also but still the notification is shown there.  I cannot see the status of how much power is left or if the battery is fully charged or not.

I am using Inspiron 15 3000 Series i5 Laptop.  After sometime the battery status comes back. So its like going and coming back type problem. Can anyone guide me of what should be done to eliminate this problem?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2015 23:00

Hi sparsh.68,

I would suggest you to try flashing the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the operating system, and then download the BIOS from the BIOS section onto the system and install it.

Also, I would suggest you to run the test on Battery on the system.

1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2

2.       Select ‘Battery Life’ under ‘Simple’ tab.

3.       Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

4.       Let me know if the results.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2015 09:00

Hey,

After Running the battery life test from the link provided by you I got this error on Running Selected Diagnostics Step: 

We are unable to find the selected device. The device driver for your selected diagnostic is either not installed or installed incorrectly.Please ensure your device is enabled through your device manager or go to Drivers and Downloads to install the latest driver.

I tried to run the BIOS setup but its not running as its saying the AC adaptor and Battery should be plugged in. Its not reading my battery.

My charger is plugged in and after hours of charging when I am removing the charger its showing the same battery percentage charge left, i.e., 12%,

Kindly help me out.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 12th, 2015 07:00

Hi sparsh.68,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download MyDell from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Also, We will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.

1. Start the computer by pressing the power button

2. Press the F2 key 2-3 times

3. you will now be on the BIOS screen

4. Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type

5. If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
      Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.

Please let me know the findings.

1 Message

April 11th, 2016 08:00

battery was not detected

remove the charger laptop was shut down  

April 19th, 2016 15:00

Inspirion 15 7000 battery not detected received notice, Your Battery is temporarily disabled please turn off your computer and try again whenthe unit is to the operational ttemperature

1 Message

May 1st, 2016 23:00

I just noticed this exact problem on my Inspiron 15, 7000. Red X on the battery Icon, "no battery is detected" and it dies when I unplug the ac adapter.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.

No Events found!