Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

May 4th, 2016 13:00

Bios malware

HI 

I have been having this Bios Malware in my dell laptop inspiron 1545,I had this pc from new, this Malware activated computrance "anti theft" and there is no way to disable this activated computrance, all the 3 button is blur white.this is what happen to Lenovo pc but it happening to dell as well this time and there is no help from dell

so far I have change 4 hard drives with clean installed window 7 and this malware keep coming back, I even tried Linux Mint in this laptop but the malware keep coming and block the window from opening, I asked dell technical staff, they advised me to change the motherboard, I bought new motherboard from USA and fitted but, I put new hard drive clean installed window 7 from original CD,I did not change memory ram but the malware was back and reinfected new hard drive.

I discovered that this malware is set to automated setting in in the registry and memory, Migration setting.the moment the clean install window is install, it will clone the the owner if you restart the window about 3-4 times and will redirect any logging in to its default starting of window below as below.

it down load more users, in this case it download 5 users.

S-1-5-18,  S-1-5-19, S-1-5-20, S-1-5-21, S-1-5-21-278------all this users got a shadow copies of Microsoft windows set with added extension and control set to control it and set as default, it will block all the Microsoft including update, the owner may not know the different. any antivirus scan and find nothing and it will block the antivirus from the registry and disable it.

I tried to remove these added users but it was lock in the registry can not be remove, it block any attempt to down load any thing from dell website, it will not be installed.this is a denial of services Malware, It keep telling me that I do not have permission even to open c:\\., I tried changing its setting in the registry but it flushed the Bios blue screen and the countdown start very first and window closed, now if tried opening window normal, it flush blue with some writing in the bios and closes, keep repeating the same way and window never open.

there is now way I remove this malware and dell will not help as well, dell system detect will not run, it block.

this coputrance from absolute software, I call them, they say they do not have my computer in their list, I bought this computer new from dell and this computrance soft ware I thing was chip with this motherboard, no help from both of them.

No Responses!
No Events found!