Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2017 05:00

Bluetooth Speaker is Paired, but Can't Connect.

Hey guys,

I just bought a Bose SoundLink mini Bluetooth speaker and simply can't get it connected with my XPS 15 9550 / Windows 10 Pro. The pairing works, but the connection cannot be established. Hence it is shown in "Playback Devices" as disconnected. Also, under "Devices and Printers" the SoundLink appears and I can edit its properties but it's only paired and not connected. In the Windows Bluetooth manager it says something like "That didn't work. Please ensure that your bluetooth device can be found and try again".

I already uninstalled the bluetooth driver and reinstalled it (Killer Wireless-AC 1535 Bluetooth Driver). The other driver (Dell Wireless 1550/1560/1704/1708/1820A/1830 Bluetooth Driver) promts and error message when being installed but as far as I can see its not designed for XPS models anyway.

Would be really glad if someone is able to help me out here. Connecting via aux cable is not an option..

Cheers!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 13th, 2017 10:00

If I suggested you change your card, would you think about it?  I just ordered one of those cards, so I may know more Wed. or Thur..  Places to get one are limited and it was twice as expensive as my Intel card, which tells me the card may not be fully compatible.  Of course I do not know that for sure.

Have you tried turning off just Wi-Fi to see if it helps?

On the Settings-Devices-Bluetooth page, you can select the device and choose connect?  Pay special attention to the tones generated during certain operations as they may give you a clue as to what is happening.  Not all Bluetooth devices behave the same when pairing or connecting.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 13th, 2017 11:00

The Intel and Killer drivers are not interchangeable; you either have one or the other.  I think Intel models are installed in XPS models in other markets and/or might be listed because the equivalent Precision models use those rather than Killer for things like vPro.  However, I'm not even sure that the Killer Bluetooth driver supports the Bluetooth A2DP profile that enables audio streaming.  Bluetooth if you weren't aware is divided into several different profiles that perform various functions, but not all devices and their drivers support all of them.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

August 14th, 2017 07:00

Hi demika,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies your speaker is not performing as expected.  Perhaps contacting the manufacturer would be a better source of troubleshooting.  In researching the manual for this device, I read that clearing the speaker's memory and resetting it back to factory settings may work.  http://dell.to/2vBW51S

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 15th, 2017 19:00

I just got the replacement Killer Wireless 1535 card and am running it in an Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming system.  I replaced the Intel Wi-Fi and loaded Performance Suite.  Device Manager shows Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter.

The Bluetooth shows a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1.  I am running a Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headset currently but will set up my Dell External Bluetooth speakers if you want me to try.  So far, no problems seen.

The Wi-Fi seems good (866.7 Mbps) also but I do have a new ASUS GT-AC5300 Gaming router.

There are different configuration of the Killer Wireless which I found out when the first one arrived and was about 1/2 the width of this one, but I can't keep the descriptions of the configurations straight.

No Events found!