Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2010 14:00

Bluray over HDMI stopped working

Hi,

Until some weeks ago, I was able to play bluray disks from my XPS 1640 via HDMI to my Samsung TV.

Now, I can still connect the XPS to the TV and I have image and sound, but PowerDVD DX always stops after a few seconds giving an error code 0110.

I'm 100% sure this worked before with the same bluray disks (Planet Earth).

After connecting the TV, Cyberlink BD advisor says the link is Digitial without HDCP support. I don't know what this tool said in the past as I never needed it (it always worked..) and my TV is HDCP compliant (Samsung 40" LED 6740).

I already tried the following, but no luck: upgrade ATI video drivers, uninstall monitor and let it redetect, checked firmware versions PC & BD drive (all latest according to Dell support website), upgraded firmware of TV. So far I was not able to find a similar case on the web (mostly people have issues where it never worked..), I also don't like to buy a tool like AnyDVD as I consider it a loss of money for something that worked in the past.

Any idea how to get HDCP up and running again as it seems to be related in that area? Or other suggestions?

edit: forgot to mention, the PC is running on Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Greetings

Nick

December 27th, 2010 13:00

Anyone?

I can add that the Realtek audio drivers report HDCP compliant for the sound that is going to the TV.. With the ATI audio drivers it is not reporting that.

All other content is displaying normally. I can play DVD's on the TV with PowerDVD, but no blurays anymore. Blurays do still work on the laptop screen.

It also doesn't work on other TV's.

Are there alternative video drivers? (I know not likely..)

Is it possible that something very specific for HDCP is broken on the videocard? If so, how can I test that?

Greetings

No Events found!