Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2015 15:00

Brand new Inspiron 7000, touchpad is wonky (no right click), driving me NUTS!!!

This laptop just came in the mail the other day and I'm otherwise very pleased with it: The processor is snappy, the 4K HD display is gorgeous, and as much as I never thought I'd use it, the touch screen is pretty cool too. There is, however, one thing that is driving me absolutely CRAZY: The right click function of the touchpad is not working properly. For every ten times I try to right click, it might work once. The other 9 times it acts like a left click. I've tried changing the settings in the control panel, with no success. I think it's probably related to the fact that the whole touchpad is designed to act as a giant left button. I'm getting the feeling this is a design problem and not an actual malfunction, but I just thought I'd check here before packing it up and sending it back to Dell. This is a deal breaker for me: I use right-click religiously while surfing the internet. I will be reading an article and will right click on an interesting link and open in a new tab so I can continue reading the original article without interruption, but with this computer 90% of the time I try to do that it acts like a left click and simply opens the new link, making the article I was just reading disappear. Even worse, I also use the computer for image editing, and right clicks are very important for this because left clicks and right clicks give two different "ink" colours or effects. Because I do image editing the first thing I do is disable "tap to click", because I don't want to touch my finger to the touchpad and end up with something I didn't want in my image, but this right click problem is present no matter what settings I choose. This is driving me batty! So my question is this: Is there any way to make this touchpad act like a normal touchpad with two buttons, or am I going to have to send the machine back and revert to using my four year old HP Pavilion G7?

No Responses!
No Events found!