Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2009 01:00

Broken or pixelated images in web browser on upgrade from Vista to Windows 7

Hi,

I recently upgraded my laptop, a recently bought Studio 1555 with 4Gb memory, and a Radeon Mobility 4570 HD graphics card. On upgrading, the graphics are very blurry within a web browser, but seemingly OK within the general windows environment. See screenshot in MSN for example to see what I mean. The other funny thing is this is happening to my partner's too, and she is on an Acer with an intel graphics cards. So this seems to make it a software issue.

What I have tried:

- Reinstalling graphics drivers and trying a few different ones - ATI site, Vista driver, Dell site etc.

- Disabling Aero interface

- Increasing/decreasing DPI and other graphics/display settings

- Reinstalling web browser

I get the same issue whether it be Firefox, IE or Chrome.

The next thing I will try is a new install (not upgrade) of Windows 7 and see if it was something installed on both of our machine in Vista that corrupts the graphics when upgraded to Windows 7. It certainly is a strange one. If anyone has seen this also, or has a solution, or suggestions, please do let me know.

Thanks,

Adrian

1 Attachment

2 Posts

November 13th, 2009 01:00

I have done a little more research on this, and it appears it could be my mobile broadband (T-Mobile UK) which is serving low quality images. I did see a yellow popup saying 'press Shift + R to improve image quality) but thought not much of it as it didn't seem to work. I will be getting proper cable broadband back in a couple of weeks so may see if that resolves it.

If anyone could confirm this, or suggest a fix to prevent poor quality images being served, would be grateful.

Thanks

15 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 16:00

I have a similar issue. I have a Studio 1557 w/ an i7 quad core and 512mb ATI radeon discrete video card. My screen resolution is fine in the windows 7 environment and when browsing the internet. It’s when I stream video of any kind on any website and select “full screen” the screen goes completely black or sometimes dark blue with the video running behind it. Then locks up completely. If I never select “full screen” then the video is fine and the machine run perfectly. Our IT department told me to go to the motherboard manufacturer website for the latest chipset driver because even though the memory is discrete, the graphics card is still integrated into the motherboard. I will write back if and when this fixes the issue.

No Events found!