Lfield5
1 Copper

Broken screen for a inspiron 1420...

I had my computer in my backpack and it was knocked off of the bookshelf. it now has a crack along lower left corner and onlythe top half of the screen visable.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix a LCD screen or what the warranty coverage is on that? I have only had this computer since January.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eskymi
3 Cadmium

Re: Broken screen for a inspiron 1420...

Your normal limited warranty I don't believe will cover it.  The only way you are covered on something like this is if you had purchased complete care coverage.  That covers spills, drops, etc.  Under that I believe they would have replaced the screen or repaired it.  So unless you have that you are probably going to have to repair it on your own. 

The cost, I am not sure but I would reckon $300-$400 maybe.  I wanna say $200 or so for the display, maybe $150 labor.  Hopefully I am wrong and it's less and not more.

2  XPS 420's, Quad 2.4ghz, 8800GT and 9800GTX, 3gigs RAM (Vista Home)

2 Inspiron 1720's, 2.0 and 2.5 gig processors, 2 and 4 gigs RAM, 8400GM and 8600GT cards (Vista Home and Ultimate)

1 E1705, 2.0 processor, 2 gigs RAM 7900GS. (Vista Home)

2 Mini 9's, Black and Cherry Red......(Windows XP) Love The Mini!!!!!

0 Kudos
Lfield5
1 Copper

where do i go online to buy a warranty? I want to buy the full service one

0 Kudos
eskymi
3 Cadmium

You would go here and then click Warranty Status.  Then input your service tag and it'll give you the options to purchase the warranties.  It'll give you the price, etc.  I am not certain but I believe you have to purchase an extended warranty and then you can purchase the complete care for the same amount of years.

But  I don't bleieve that the purchase now will get the laptop fixed as it's a preexisting condition.  Not that they know, but still.....

2  XPS 420's, Quad 2.4ghz, 8800GT and 9800GTX, 3gigs RAM (Vista Home)

2 Inspiron 1720's, 2.0 and 2.5 gig processors, 2 and 4 gigs RAM, 8400GM and 8600GT cards (Vista Home and Ultimate)

1 E1705, 2.0 processor, 2 gigs RAM 7900GS. (Vista Home)

2 Mini 9's, Black and Cherry Red......(Windows XP) Love The Mini!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zorba199
2 Iron

I had a broken screen on my E1405 inspiron. I spoke with customer support (down in India), and brought the price down to 318, everything included. Dont be shy when it comes to haggling.

0 Kudos