Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2009 17:00

Broken screen for a inspiron 1420...

I had my computer in my backpack and it was knocked off of the bookshelf. it now has a crack along lower left corner and onlythe top half of the screen visable.

Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix a LCD screen or what the warranty coverage is on that? I have only had this computer since January.

1.1K Posts

March 11th, 2009 18:00

You would go here and then click Warranty Status.  Then input your service tag and it'll give you the options to purchase the warranties.  It'll give you the price, etc.  I am not certain but I believe you have to purchase an extended warranty and then you can purchase the complete care for the same amount of years.

But  I don't bleieve that the purchase now will get the laptop fixed as it's a preexisting condition.  Not that they know, but still.....

1.1K Posts

Your normal limited warranty I don't believe will cover it.  The only way you are covered on something like this is if you had purchased complete care coverage.  That covers spills, drops, etc.  Under that I believe they would have replaced the screen or repaired it.  So unless you have that you are probably going to have to repair it on your own. 

The cost, I am not sure but I would reckon $300-$400 maybe.  I wanna say $200 or so for the display, maybe $150 labor.  Hopefully I am wrong and it's less and not more.

2 Posts

where do i go online to buy a warranty? I want to buy the full service one

130 Posts

March 11th, 2009 21:00

I had a broken screen on my E1405 inspiron. I spoke with customer support (down in India), and brought the price down to 318, everything included. Dont be shy when it comes to haggling.

No Events found!