Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 17th, 2011 14:00

CIFS Sign In from Blu-Ray player fails

I am trying to use the DLNA feature of the LG BD670 blu-ray player to access and display pictures stored on my Inspiron 1525 laptop (running Vista current with all updates).  The Inspiron has 4 user accounts with distinct IDs and passwords.  The BD670 does see my laptop on the network by the name it has.  At the prompt for "CIFS Sign In"  I give the BD670 the ID and password of the user ID that has the files I want to display.  It indicates that this has been rejected by Windows.  The BD670 does not itself require an ID and password but evidently Vista does.  I am unaware of ever setting up a CIFS ID or password, and this topic is mentioned only very vaguely all across the Internet including at the Microsoft forums.

The Dell computer is still running fine and usually does everything I ask it to do.  I have been able to show pictures on the TV through the network using iTunes and an AppleTV, but want to shut down the Apple device and do as much as possible thru the LG blu-ray player.  I also have an older Dimension desktop connected to the network via wireless and will want to use it as well in this way; it runs XP home.

So how do I find or define the proper ID and password for CIFS such that file transfer between PC and blu-ray can work?  Thanks people for your help.

No Responses!
No Events found!